Miami Sunset

NEVER LOOK BACK CHAPTER 4

RECAP: 

"So child services would be visiting every month to check. They'll be weighing if you're a fit mother to Avalyn." 

"What if I'm not?" I looked at them with worried eyes. Don't tell me—-

"We have to put her on the system, and maybe up for adoption." Normani said as she put her hand on my knee. I just nod my head and waited for Andrew to lay all the papers on the table for me to sign. This is it. Lauren Jauregui, you are now a mother.

Author's POV:

The mother and daughter, together with Normani,  went to the mall after the events at home. Lauren had called her interior designers to have her spare bedroom fixed for Ava to stay in. She wanted to be hands on, but knowing how indecisive she gets when it comes to those things, the experts would handle it perfectly. Lauren hated shopping for other people,  she brought Normani with her, and the dark-skinned girl did not pass the opportunity to spend time with the little latina whom she already grew fond with. 

"Ms. Normani—" Ava said as they were walking around Saks, the little girl tightly held on to Lauren's hand, not wanting to let go

"Avalyn Michelle, what did I tell you about calling me Ms. Normani? Does this mall look like an office to you?" Normani playfully glares at Ava, earning a giggle from the 4 year old. 

"Then why did you call me Ms. Normani? Are you making fun of me? Do you want me to call the tickle monster?" Normani positioned her hands in front of Ava, earning more giggles from her.

"No Mani, please? No." Ava giggles louder, hides behind Lauren's legs. "Protect me, Momma!!!!" Ava said, pushing Lauren to Mani. 

"Ms. Normani, please don't get Ava, she promise she won't call you Ms. Normani again. " Lauren smirks at Normani.

"Momma, you called her Ms. Normani! This doesn't look like an office!" Ava gasps, putting her hands on her mouth. 

"Don't worry Ava, we'll think of a punishment for your Momma." Normani winked at Ava, causing Lauren to groan.

Lauren's POV:

Why are they taking so long? I've been sitting on this lounge for the past hour and I am getting really hungry and bored. It's almost 7! I should've brought my sketch pad with me. 

"Momma, Aunt Mani said it's time to pay." Ava came up to me shyly, poking my arm to get my attention. She's still shy around me, but she's getting comfortable by the hour. I just need to find a medium so we could bond. Maybe music will help us? 

"Okay baby, let's pay so we can eat. I am starving!" I held her hand and we started skipping to the counter where Mani was. I was surprised to see 5 shopping carts full of clothes, toys and whatever else Normani decided to put in there.