New York Skyline

A/N : Hey guys! I am really sorry for taking so long! I was on vacation, and the reception on the island was not really good, so I couldn't go online and update. But thank you for being patient, and liking the stories! I'll try to update as much as I can today for all the days I've missed.

------

Never Look Back (Chapter 6)

RECAP:

"Momma, what you playing?" She said as she sat on my lap, cradling her pink arm.

"Well, this is Mommy and Momma's song. You want to hear it?" I said smiling at her.

"Yes!" She nodded her head excitedly, hair bouncing all over the place. "What's it about?"

"Well, it's about Mommy, and her daddy, and Mommy, and you." I kissed her nose earning a giggle I would never get used to.

This is song is for Lucy.

---------------

Lauren's POV

"Mommmmaaaaaaaa!"

I woke up instantly, falling off the bed from the sudden scream. What the hell is going on.

"Avalyn Michelle! That is not how to wake a person up." I grumpily sat up, rubbing my back while I heard her laugh at me.

"Momma, your hair looks funny." she laughed pointing at my messy hair. "You look like a Simba" she rolls on the bed, laughing hard.

"You know what Simba does best?" I said as I playfully glared at the laughing toddler. She stopped laughing instantly, and backed up slowly.

"Hey Momma, I'm sorry fo-for scr-eam-ing at yo-you." She stuttered, still backing down. She stopped as her back reached the head board. "Momma! I'm already hurt, see?" She held up her pink cast, pointing at it furiously.

"Well I guess kisses would be better than tickles, right?" I said as I launched to her, careful not to hurt her already hurt arm. I peppered her with kisses, earning a fit of giggles from the 4 year old monster. She was slowly turning into a tomato, so I stopped and gave her a finally sloppy kiss on her chubby cheeks.

"Come on, let's get ready for Sunday brunch with Aunt Ally. You'll meet Uncle Troy today, Mija." I stood up from the bed and held my arms to her. She jumped in and brought her to my record player. "So every morning, when I wake up, I pick 1 record to play while I get ready for the day. Now that you're here, I have a mission for you." She looked at me with anticipation. I got her attention. "You'll pick the record we play every morning from now on. Are you up for it?" She excitedly nodded her head and scanned through the records that were hanging on my wall. I brought my favorite records up in my room, while the rest of my collection's in my studio, where Ava found me the night before.

"This one, Momma! This is my favorite!" She pointed at the Beatles Abbey Road album. Woah. This kid knows THE BEATLES. "Mommy always plays this!" She was so excited and she was jumping up and down like a crazy little girl on a sugar high.

"Okay okay! I'll put it in, calm down." I said as I put the record in. Come Together instantly played and Ava started air drumming around the room. This definitely is the cutest kid I have ever witnessed in my life. I'm digging this motherhood thing.

We got ready for our Sunday Brunch with Ally and Troy, since Mani's boyfriend's in town, Mani chose to sleep-in instead of going to Brunch. I definitely understand her situation. I dressed Ava in a maroon top, jeans, brown moccasins and a brown cardigan. I brushed her hair and put on a little tan beanie atop her head, and put on a rust scarf around her neck.