In Your Arms

Never Look Back (Chapter 29)

LAUREN

"We have to file a missing person's report. It has been 48 hours." Mani said when we were having breakfast at my place. She has been a good support system to me and Avalyn. It has been tough on both Ava and I. She didn't want to go to school, and I was too tired to say no to her. She's been acting out, and I'm not blaming her.

"We should've done that when she was missing 2 days ago." Dinah spat as Mani just sighed, letting Dinah's shouting pass.

"There are certain laws we have to--"

"I don't fucking care about the laws right now. My best friend has been missing for two straight days. She has been missing, and I have a bad feeling about this because I know for the fact that she won't leave Lauren and Ava behind. Ever." Dinah was sobbing now, clutching her chest.

"But she left a note Dinah. She left her ring. She left." I screamed at her causing for everyone to look at me. My mother, Normani, Ally and my poor little child. I know she shouldn't be here, but she doesn't want to leave Dinah's side.

"You clearly don't know her! Do you think she would just leave you like that, after she said yes to your proposal? Do you think everything that's happening right now is Camila's fault? Do you really thing she would just leave you like that?" She screamed at me, causing for the whole house to look at her. Ava was crying hard, clearly understanding what's happening around her.

"Stop it guys. Shouting would not solve anything. It will not answer your questions. So let us just calm down." Ally said, clearly tired of everything that's happening between us. I'm tired too. So tired.

"Where's the ring and the note?" Dinah said, wiping her tears.

"Still on the bedside table." I said softly, as Dinah ran upstairs, leaving us in the living room. I closed my eyes, so tired of everything that's happening right now.

A couple of seconds later, Dinah was running down the stairs, clutching the ring. She ran to her bag and dialed fast.

"What's wrong?" My mom asked her as she frantically typed away and impatiently waiting for the person on the other end to answer. What is happening?

"Sinuhe! Oh my god. I know where she is." Dinah said completely frazzled. She was packing her things. "Book me a ticket, I'm getting her."

What ticket? Where is she going?

"What's happening? Where are you going?" I asked her fast, holding her arm.

"DJ don't leave me." Ava cried, hugging Dinah's leg so she won't leave.

"To do what you were supposed to do." Dinah sighed trying to pry off Ava from her leg but it was no use.

"What the fuck are you saying?" I shouted at her, holding her arm.

"Carlos has her." Dinah said her tears streaming down her face. "We knew this would h-happ-happen. W-we made sure we had clues to confirm everything."

What clues?

"Oh my God." Mani said as I felt my head spin.

Carlos has her.
--

CAMILA

One Week. 7 sunrises, and 7 sunsets. I've been in a house, free to roam, and free to do whatever I want. Except to actually get out and escape. I cook my own food, do my own laundry. I have a music room, an entertainment room, and a gym that has a pool. But I'd rather be in New York City, with Lauren and Ava. I'd rather be with my family.

One week, and still no luck on getting them to set me free. They said Carlos would want to see me, and I'm pretty scared on when that happens. He's in jail, which means he can't see me. If they plan on letting him escape, I am officially doomed to the world's existence. But it's better that he has me, other than them having Lauren, or much worse, poor little Avalyn.

Dinah probably haven't figured out anything yet. Maybe she believed I left Lauren and Ava just like that. I know she knows me better. I really hope she does. I heard the front door move as I walked to the kitchen, grabbing a knife for self defense. I might need it.

"Camila, open this door." Someone said on the other side of the door. He was knocking furiously as he was pushing the knob to try and open it up. The thing is, they have the key, so if he doesn't have a key...

"It's Antonio, open this up now." He said panicked as I try to remember who Antonio was. Antonio? Antonio. Oh my god. I quickly ran to the door and tried to unlock the knob, which actually worked.

"Antonio!" I said as he pulled me outside the house. "Where are we going?" I whispered, running behind him. He was still holding my hand, pulling me around as we circled the lot and jumped on fences. I don't see much people, which was scaring me. "What's going on?" I asked him scared.

"Just follow me. The faster we get out of here, the sooner you'll be free." He said as his accent rolled to his tongue. I nodded my head, following him even though my legs feel tired. I am so exhausted, but whatever it takes to escape Carlos' wrath.

--

I don't know how long we've been walking, but my feet were killing me, and my chest is heaving. I can't breathe anymore.

"Stop." I said, stopping and holding my chest.

"A little more." Antonio said, pulling me, forcing me to run, but my legs can't anymore.

"My legs hurt." I said, not really noticing where we already are.

"Come on, look where we are Camila. We're almost there. A little more. Come on." Antonio said, ecouraging me to run, but I really couldn't anymore. I wasn't being dramatic when I said my legs hurt.

"I really can't anymore Antonio." This time, tears were falling down my eyes.

"I got it." I heard a familiar voice say as he picked me up.

"Big Rob" I cried, clutching on his shirt. I cried, i cried so much. I know I'm safe now.

"You're safe now." Antonio said, smiling at me.
--

I woke up to the scent of bleach and sanitizer. I am definitely in a hospital.

"Good you're up, Ms. Estrabao. I am Dr. Bailey." The small doctor smiled at me as I looked at her weirdly.

"Where am I?" I asked, feeling my throat burn. She passed me a cup of water as I drank a little bit just to get my throat wet.

"Right now, you are in Miami. Do you remember anything prior to being here, Karla?" She said patiently, checking my charts.

"N-no. I w-was in C-Cuba"

How did I end up in Miami? Where's Big Rob? Is Lauren here?

"Your test results are all good. No head trauma. Your heart is perfectly fine. You just have to let your bruises heal on their own. You're good to leave, Ms. Estrabao."

"My f-family?" I asked her as she beamed at me. Lauren's here?

"They're outside. But I have to warn you, your 7 year old is a little too quiet." Dr. Bailey said. "I'll get them for you, okay?" I nodded my head a little frantically as Dr. Bailey left the room.

"Camz." It wasn't even a full minute, Lauren was already running towards me, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Lauren." She engulfed me in a tight hug, as sobs rolled out of my lips. "I- I'm--"

"The only place you belong to are these arms. You are not leaving my sight ever again." Lauren said as I just nodded my head. "I'm so happy you're okay, baby." She whispered this time kissing my head.

"I l-love you."

"I know. I love you more, Camila."
--

AN

HELLO WORLD!

Sorry if it's too short. I'm kinda getting things organized before I have a mini marathon on my stories ;)

Hope you like it!

-Sarah ❤️❤️