Love Who You Love

Never Look Back (Chapter 14)

CAMILA'S POV

It was Big Rob, with a crying Ava in her arms. I stood up and carried Ava from Big Rob. He stayed with us, as he was staring at Lauren with sad eyes.

"Mami, what's wrong with Momma?" Ava said as she was hiding her head on my chest. I guess this scene was too much for her. I stood up, and shook my head at Big Rob, reading my mind. He nodded his head as we headed outside.

"Camz" I heard someone say softly. I whipped my head back as I saw Lauren's emerald eyes, looking straight at me.

"Lauren!" I ran to her side as I sat down on the chair again, Ava still in my arms. Tears were falling down my eyes as I was smiling wide at Lauren. She's awake! Thank God she's gonna be alright!

"Momma! You're awake." Ava said as she tried to jump on Lauren's bed. I held onto her tighter as Big Rob left the room, calling the doctor.

"No baby. We can't touch Momma right now. She has to keep still so she wont hurt her booboos okay?" I said as I held on her securely.

"Just one kiss." Lauren said as she craned her neck to my, smiling wide. She was happy she's awake, but she looked like she's in a lot of pain. "Just for the pain?" She said with her eyes pleading.

"Just one kiss okay?" I said as I carefully positioned Ava to kiss Lauren.

"I love you Momma." Ava said as she pecked Lauren's lips. "I love you. You didn't leave me." She whispered as tears fell from her eyes again.

"I promised right? I'm not going anywhere." Lauren said softly as she smiled at Ava. I leaned in as I kissed her lips softly, savoring the moment.

"I thought I won't see you again, baby." I said as I kissed her forehead and her nose.

"Well, I wouldn't allow that. You'll get tired of me now." She smirked as we heard some people come inside the room. It was the surgeon whom we talked to earlier, Big Rob and some police officers.

"Well, welcome to the real world Ms. Jauregui." The doctor said as he checked in Lauren's vitals, making everyone laugh, including Lauren.

"Don't make me laugh please." Lauren giggled painfully.

"Sorry about that Lauren. Other than the broken bones you obviously see in front of you, you seem perfectly fine. No head trauma, seizures, your heart's good. That's why these gentlemen are here to question you about the accident."

"Does it really have to be now?" Lauren asked.

"Laur, we need to do this sooner, so your memory's fresher. They also have to do one with Ava, but she should be with you because you're her legal guardian." Big Rob said as he stood up on the other side of Lauren's bed.

"Do you want me to call Normani before these police officers question you. Standard procedures?" I asked her as I see her tense up in her bed, looking scared.

"It's okay. You're here. You know the law." Lauren whispered as I stood up and shook the Officers hands.

"Karla Estrabao" I said as I shook there hands. They smiled at me, and proceeded to questioning Lauren.

LAUREN'S POV

I didn't want to relive what happened today. Never in a million years would I want that etched in my head, and ofcourse, Ava's head too. But this has to end, all Carlos' hold on us, all he did to Lucy the past years, and now to me. I need justice.

"Can you tell us what happened today, Ms. Jauregui." The older officer said, as he turned on his voice recorder.

"Uhm. My daughter Ava and I went to the park at 4 in the afternoon to get some fresh air. When we reached the park, I sat down on the bench as I let Ava run to the slides and the swings, like we always do. I sent my brother a message when I looked up to check if Ava was still there but she wasn't. She has been telling me about this old friend he met at the park since about a month ago, and I never get the chance to meet him every time we went to the park. But today was different. When I saw them together, Ava had chocolate all over her face, and he was there smirking at me. I know him. I remember his rings and his smirk. He's my late best friends father, and Ava's biological grandfather."