I Love You, Brown Eyes.

Never Look Back (Chapter 24)

Lauren

I am happy. I don't remember being this smiley, or giddy, or inspired before. Having a not-so good past couple of years made me appreciate the good days more. I have two wonderful girls who complete me, and life does not get any better than this. A week ago, I asked Camila to move in with me and Ava. Well, it was the cutest thing in the world, seeing her blush and tear up over a spare we've given her one night.

Flashback

"Mami, come on! Dinner is ready!" Ava called Camila who was busy in the office, preparing for the case they'll be taking next week.

She's been super busy, leaving her house early, and actually not being able to go home at night, or in the wee hours of the morning, 'cos she lives in a dangerous neighborhood. I mean, a woman walking in their neighborhood at 2 in the morning? Not really ideal. I let her stay in our house, practically getting her whole closet, which was not alot. I wait for her to come home, making sure she ate, and go to bed clean and refreshed for another day of her life.

"Yes, Avalyn. I'm coming." Camila said as I heard footsteps approach us.

"Momma made Fajitas!" Ava said excitedly as she sat on her chair, putting her napkin on her lap. Camila sat on her chair, rubbing my arm as I put some meat on both their plates.

"Well, Momma makes the best Fajitas, right?" Camz said as Ava just nodded her head fast.

"So, how was the preparation for your case?" I asked Camila as she sighed.

"I want to get this over with." She groaned as I put my hand on top of hers.

"Baby, You know I love you and everything, but I have to sleep early too. I can't wait until you get home from work forever." I complained as I saw her jaw drop from my sudden irritation, which was clearly my plan. I pulled out a box and put it in front of her. "That's yours, so you don't have to interrupt pur glorious sleep." I said as I pushed the box to her shocked face.

She slowly opened, curious on what she'll see inside, as I heard her gasp when she saw the contents of the box.

"Baby." She said softly, lifting the item in her hand. The keychains started to jiggle, as she looked at it closely.

"Now, we don't have to open the door for you. And that also entitles a pass in my drawers, and a toothbrush space in my bathroom." I said winking at her as her face turned red. Her eyes started welling up as she threw herself to my body.

"I love you. Thank you." She said burying her face to my neck as Ava looked at us confused.

"What's happening?"

"I get to live here now." Camila said happily as Ava scrunched up her nose.

"Don't you already?" Mila and I both laughed as I kissed my daughters head.

"Now she really is moving in with us." I said as I felt Camz squeeze my hand.

End of Flashback

Ava has been doing good in school. She's part of sports, arts, and music, just like some kids. Well, some kids pick one extra curricular activity, but Ava is not like the other kids. She wanted to do Softball, 'cos I told her about that being my sport when I was in school. She also wanted to "paint" and draw, so we enrolled her to Manhattan's finest. Well, my dad enrolled her, saying he wanted to support his little munchkin. And ofcourse, Music. She wanted to learn how to play alot of instruments, and her Uncle Troy helps her with guitar. We also had other people teach her piano and ukulele. Oh god. This child is relentless when it comes to music. Reminds me of her mother so much.