Life Is Good.

Never Look Back (Chapter 23)

LAUREN

Waking up sweating is not the best thing in the world. Waking up gasping for air, and squished is not as good too. I opened my eyes to see a small body on top of me, her hair all over my face, and her face on my neck. Oh Ava. I look to my left and see the brown eyed girl that makes my heart skip a beat.

I love looking at her when she's asleep. The way her nose crinkles, and how she breathes through her mouth, making her plump lips move. How her chest rises and falls, and how her body relaxes like all the troubles in the world are gone. I love this woman, so much, that seeing the future with her is not hard to do.

I want to spend my life with her, and start a family with her. She will be one of the best lawyers in New York, and I will be a Music Producer by day, and a hipster artist at night (in Camila's words). We'll have 3 kids. 2 girls and a boy. We'll spend Sunday's at Ally's, eating brunch with them, the kids playing around as the adults have their unlimited Mimosas. We'll have pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner, 'cos cooking is not anyone's forte in this household. We'll be happy, as long as we're together.

I never imagined my life being as good as it is. A couple of months ago, I would drink, party and hook up, not caring about the world, still sad about what happened years ago. Now, I have some things to look forward to, like seeing Camila everyday, or spending time with Ava, school recitals and new songs she'll be singing around. They both made me come to my senses, and I am so glad they waltzed in my life.

"Momma." Ava whined on my neck as I rubbed her back.

"Go to sleep, nugget." I whispered to her as I hummed the new song I sang to her yesterday as she didn't stop whining.

"Mom-" I heard that familiar gag and then she threw up on the bed, aiming some on Camila's thigh, causing for her to wake up.

"Oh." Camz said getting up, putting Ava's hair up, as I reached for the lampshade, illuminating the whole room. "It's okay, darling." Camila said as Ava cried after shàe threw up.

"Sowwy." Ava cried to her as she buried her face on Camila's neck, spreading all the vomit to the bed and Camila's body.

"Okay. Both of you in the tub." I sighed as I pulled the covers off the bed. Camila slowly brought Ava to the tub, as I discarded all the covers and fixed the bed again for us to sleep on.

I could hear Camz sing to Ava as I walked in the bathroom. They were both undressed, as Camila was holding on to Ava while she was rubbing the little one's back. She looked up at me, smiling softly as I walked to them, kissing both their heads.

"I love you." I whispered softly, staring at her brown orbs. I'll always remember the first time I laid my eyes on her. The first time I was captivated by her eyes. She has a good eye with art, and even now, she appreciates drawings, paintings and sculptures. Makes me love her more than I do.

"Well I love you too." She giggled as she turned off the water and signaling me to grab the towels. I grabbed two, as I carried Ava off of her so she could dry herself up.

"I'll get her dressed." I said kissing her head as I walked to my little girl's room. She was asleep now, as I grabbed her underwear and some sweat shirt. She doesn't like having pants on when she sleeps, just like the majority of the household, and right now that she's been throwing up, it actually is a good idea. I brought her back to the room, bringing two more pairs of clothes as I laid her down the bed beside Camila. As soon as she felt and smelled Camila, she curled up on her side, squishing her face on Camila's shoulder.

"Come on, darling. I got you." Camila said as Ava cuddled closer to her.

"I'm kinda offended you like Camila more than me." I said as I saw Ava looking up at me, giggling softly.