Nightmares

Never Look Back (Chapter 9)

RECAP

"Thank you for today, Camz. I'll see you tomorrow? We'll come pick you up at 11." She said as she smiled sweetly at me.

UNKNOWN POV

"We found 'em boss"

"Good. I'll be there soon."

————————————————————

LAUREN'S POV

My family's in town to visit for a couple of days. I guess they just wanted to check if I'm still alive, and if Ava's still one piece. My mother and father almost strangled me when they saw Ava's cast. I told them it was an accident, and I admitted it was partially my fault for taking to long, talking to Camila about my painting. Speaking of Camila, we're actually getting closer each day. We haven't really talked about the "almost-kiss" a week ago, but for sure, I'm falling for her. Troy has been the witness of my song writing and Camila filled paintings this week.

FLASHBACK:

"Lauren Michelle Jauregui, what the fuck are you doing with your life, and still not with Camila? Come on, why has been your game weak? I know you get anyone you wanted to sleep with just by looking at them straight in the eyes. Did you already have se-"

"Troy, I swear if you say that out loud I will cut your penis with the use of this guitar and put it in your mouth. I am a mother, I don't sleep around." I said as I smacked his head.

"You don't sleep around anymore. Lauren, I don't know what's gotten into you, but I'm liking this side of Jauregui. The responsible, social drinking mother I never imagined you'll ever be. Motherhood's doing you good, huh." Troy said as he smiled at me sweetly.

"I guess Ava's a wake up call not only to my old self, but the real me that was hidden under all the pain and the frustrations I had about life. I guess she changed me for the better." I smiled at Troy who was smirking at me.

"Speaking of change, I have noticed a different approach on your artworks, and a brown haired, muse in almost everything."

"Did you sneak into my art studio?" I said shocked. No one was really allowed in my art studio. It is my personal space where I let go of all the emotions. That is also where I hide all of my personal paintings that I don't sell or auction.

"Well, when I was grabbing John Mayer's record in your room, it was open, and I saw the painting you were working at. So I went inside and checked it out. Sorry Laur."

"It's okay," I sighed. I can't do anything about it, now that he saw it.

"So what song are we working at? I thought Camila was a perfect inspiration that you don't need me anymore." Troy laughed at me, pushing me slightly.

"So I have this melody stuck in my head. So I really need you 'cos those are the only words that come out of my head." I laughed as I played some chords in the piano.

[I'm ready to feel now, no longer am I afraid of the fall down.

It must be time to move on without the fear of how it might end.

I guess I'm ready to love again]

END OF FLASHBACK

My parents also brought some of Ava, Luis and Lucy's things from the accident. They saved some of the records Lucy was collecting, along side Lucy's diaries and her journal, where she wrote all her songs. There were also a box of pictures they saved, and they were mostly Ava, and some of Luis and Lucy's old pictures with me. There was also a box full of letters and tapes and cd's that was addressed to me that they never sent. I haven't opened that particular box yet. It was had looking through all their things, and it made me quite sad that whole day. I was mostly quiet, and wanted to be alone.