The choice.

"Mother."

"Yes?"

"Who are you really?"

"The darkness."

Maniacal laughter erupted from behind me. I turned around and I saw that my father was the one laughing, thoroughly enjoying my astonishment. He stood behind me and held my shoulders.

"Maybe now that you've seen your mother you'll agree to join us."

He walked away from my back, stood beside my mother and put his arm around her waist.

"Care to convince her, my darling Eveline?" He kissed her.

I looked at the mother I loved, the mother I'd thought about everyday, hoping she was alive. Well, she was alive and I wondered if it was wrong that I suddenly wished she wasn't. She stood comfortably by the father I loathed because her was the cause of all the havoc. But since it was my mother was the darkness, was it her I loathed. Would I be the one to kill her?

"You weren't really captured, were you?"

"Oh, Aria." She kissed my cheek.

"Where have you been all these years?"

"Watching."

"Watching me suffer?" At that point, I didn't have the strength to to angry or sad, I felt bland.

"I knew you would be heartbroken but I had to leave. I see now that I didn't make a mistake for you are stronger than I thought you would be."

"You left me alone so I could get stronger?"

"Yes, and now we have business to attend to." She and my father walked away, my mother's skintight lavender dress flowing behind her at the hems, then they sat on the thrones. She was beautiful, but darkness radiated along with beauty, I could sense it then. My mother was actually evil.

My father, mother and I. For the first time all three of us were in the same room. I wasn't so sure what to call the moment.

"This is a lot to take in, mother."

"I know it is and I will explain in time but for now." She stretched out her hands to me. "Will you join me, my love? Do so and we'll never be apart again."

I had been training endlessly, to get to the moment where I would destroy the darkness. She had given me an opening to end everything, her arms stretched wide and her chest exposed. I could have easily killed her then and there but at that moment I wasn't sure if I could. Could I destroy the one who raised me? Could I end the only one who loved me throughout my life till she left?

I walked to the throne where she sat slowly, contemplating my next actions, joining my father and mother to destroy the world I had been bent on protecting or turn against them and practically become an orphan. I loved my mother despite what was just revealed to me and she had been there for me always. If I killed her then what would that make me? I had to join her.

I took her hands and she smiled. I hugged her tight like when I was little. "I've missed you momma."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Dilan

"Aria is gone." Devan ran into my room.

"She probably went out to the forest to think or something of that sort. That's what I'm doing." I layed back down on my bed, mentally exhausted.

He grabbed me by the hand and pulled me off the bed. "No. She's really gone. I saw her disappear with her father, Dilan. She was fighting him."

I went to her room and she wasn't there so I chastised myself under my breath as I ran for my aunt. She was in her cave again, feet under the house. I met her staring into water that changed color in a steady pattern.

"Aria has gone with her father. Do you have any idea where they went?"

"They are at your castle, but I fear that it will be too late to reach her when you get there."

"There has to be another way to get there fast." I paced around angrily. I let her out of my sight because of my anger. I was meant to be there, for her.

"That's not what I meant, Dilan."

I stopped cold. "What did you mean?" I knew what I was going to hear but I rejected the thought.

"You may not be able to reach her because she may have already joined her parents."

"Her parents?"

"They are the ones who we have been training her to fight but we cannot make her destroy her parents. I fear that she will join them and together, they will make even stronger darkness. It will be too late."

I stared at my aunt and scorned her words. Aria would never!

"What makes you so sure that she will join them?" She pointed at the water by our feet and I saw Aria's father sitting on a throne with a woman and my mother in the floor. Aria was hugging the woman and smiling.

"She already has."

¶©©©©©©©©©©©©¶

Heyy guys! What do you think of this chapter? Don't forget to comment your thoughts, vote and share!

~Thanks for reading<3