Toad fight

Just as the giant toad was about to make contact with my face, Asher yanked me out of the way. Just in time too, because the ground shook when the feet hit the ground.

"Thanks." I said breathlessly to Asher, squished onto his chest.

"Anytime, darling." The toad took another hop and the ground shook so much, we fell on the ground.

"You can get off him now." Dilan said, almost groaning. I rolled my eyes and pushed myself off the grinning prince.

I stared up at the toad, which was about the size of a duplex. It's feet we're was big as two horses and it's skin was so dry it looked like a rock apart from it's coal black eyes and
The giant frown it had on it's face.

It croaked down at me and spat some spit landed on me. It wasn't a little spit. I waddled backwards, drenched, and then whispered with the corner of my mouth.

"What is this thing?"

"A gaint frog obviously." Devan whispered back.

"It's a toad actually you can tell by the dry and warty ski-"

"Who cares. How do we get past it without getting squashed." Asher said impatiently.

"That's easy." Devan said a little to loudly. "We kill it."

"We are not killing that poor creature, young man." Ira screached. The toad gave deep croak and spat on us.

"Is a toad meant to spit like that?" Asher grumbled.

"It's in out way and besides, frogs are stupid." Devan said

"Toad."

Another croak.

More spit.

A gaint hop towards us.

"Well if you won't, I will. You'll thank me later." He wiggled his brows at Ira. She gagged but I could see a faint blush under all the toad spit.

"Your gonna be sorry." She said to him.

The toad was right in front of us now. Devan charged towards it with a sword and in about five seconds, Devan was slobbered onto a tree and reciting the alphabet.

Asher and I tried hard not to laugh, Dilan glared at him, Ira said 'I told you so'.

That did it for the toad. It sent its tongue swinging our way. Most of our party ducked but not all were as lucky and got swung around till they got smacked into the woods.

The tongue swung my way and I covered my self and scorched it. It retracted back into the toad then all of a sudden, broken croaks erupted out of the toad.

"Is it....crying?" Dilan rasped from a tree branch.

The toad started to croak sob. There were no tears, but the noise was tremendous enough for us to have to close our ears.

Ira was the one who went to it and started to pet its side.

"It's okay." She said and cooed to it a little more, then the crying died down.

"Yuck." Devan said, stepping gingerly around the toad but it blocked the way.

"Um, Ira can you tell your frog friend to move out of the way?"

"He's a toad, and that's up to him, you ingrate." Ira snapped clearly irritated.

"Ouch." He put his hand over his chest.

"Did you even consider asking it?"

Devan burst into laughter. "Haahahaaha. Sure, why don't we ask a dumb frog." He ended up back in the tree, a new coat of spit on it.

I hadn't thought of it that, but then again, it isn't everyday you meet a talking toad. But I figured it was worth a shot, given the climate circumstances.

"I guess we could try." I said begrudgingly.

"No offence Ira, but do you really expect that thing to talk, let alone understand us." Asher said in a tiny voice, no doubt avoiding a fate like Dilan's.

"It wouldn't hurt to try. I'm sure he understands."

"How do you know it's male?" Devan huffed, when the spit lost hold and he slid onto his but with a loud thump.

Ira asked the toad and the reply wasn't really unexpected.

"Told you it was stupid." Devan muttered, rubbing his, no doubt sore behind.

"Not stupid, silent." The voice came from nowhere it seemed, and we all looked around for the source.

"Hello?" I called out.

"I'm down here." It came from a kind of staff that began to shake. It shook while leaves grew out, then branches and then roots. The branches turned into arms, leaves into fingers and roots into feet. There were some odd parts of the formation of the brunette that formed in front of us, like where the odd leaf would turn into a finger on her forearm but it dissapeared as soon as it came.

When the transformation ended, she moved around our party with her mouth in a thin line.

"Aunt." Dilan breathed.

"Nephew." She said and nodded his way while retaining the thin lips.

"Now, which one of you hurt my Tony."

Devan snickered "Tony the toad." and he received a twack from Ira.

The woman sauntered towards me and I noticed the wild look in her flame coloured eyes. "It was you wasn't it?"

"Yes. I'm sorry." I replied groggily, hypnotized by her eyes. My eyelids we're getting heavy.

"How did you do that?"

"I burnt it." My vision was getting blurry and I could barely stand.

"With what, might I ask?"

The words just rolled out of my mouth without me thinking.

"My powers."Was the last thing I said before everything went black .

¶©©©©©©©©©©©©¶

ARIIIIIIIIIIIBA!

How are you?

It's been two weeks I think or three. Not sure. I lost track of time because my nose has been buried in my books. My exams ended a day ago and where one work ends, another begins. What am I implying?  I don't know!

Aaaaanyway. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. And It's early for the week so Yay!  Do you like the toad pic? I think he looks handsome.

Don't forget to vote and comment. And share this book with your friends. It'd be a nice coming back present.

P.S
I entered the Wattys2017!
I'm a new writer so my chances are slim but it will be fun to compete. Help me make this book the best it can be by sharing as much as you can.

~Thanks for reading<3