What have I done?

#Aria#

"Mom, is that you?"

"Aria love, where are you?"

"I'm here momma, please don't leave me." I see my mother and run to embrace her.

"Ari-" a scream

"Momma don't leave me." My mother turns into a hideous beast ten times my size.

"Momma! No!"

"You are alone child. Come over to the darkness if you want your mother." She hissed

"No!"

"You belong with me." The beast grabbed on to me, dragging me towards the darkness.

I woke up with a scream. I was soaking wet with sweat. The nightmares were back. The last time I had one was when I lost my mom to the darkness. I got up from my makeshift bed, stretching my snow-white wings. I needed some air.

I wandered through the forest until I came upon the edge of a steep cliff. I sat down to think.

What did the dream mean? It had been two years since I lost her.

The fae camp I stayed in helped me to forget. I was always hunting and helping the camp leaders. There was no time for mourning.

When the darkness came for her I mourned. I tortured myself and devoured everything in my way. For 9 months I mourned her and in those months I became an outcast and I left soon after to join a fae camp. There were many and I moved around without people really knowing who or what I was.

You belong with me

The words sent a shiver down my spine. Whatever the reason for these dreams were, I wasn't ready.

I ran off the cliff and spread my wings as soon as I was airborne. The sun was rising, and the colour spilled over the horizon. I was making my way back to the camp when I noticed a thick cloud of smoke coming from it.

Trouble

I swallowed, knowing nothing good would come out of this. Landing on top of a tree branch and keeping my wings hidden so I didn't draw attention to myself, I saw men in armour, heavily armed with weapons. The were searching the camp, they had burned some of it down.

What was that about?

"Where is the abomination? " One barked to the camp. I assumed he was the leader. Children hid behind their parents and fathers stood in a protective stance but the fear was evident in their eyes.

"We don't know what you are talking about. We don't want trouble. Please let us be." The head camp leader said, authority in his voice.

"The abomination isn't here captain." Another man in amour said.

"Master said it was here. They are probably hiding it." The captain snarled.

He grabbed the camp leader by the neck.

"Tell me where it is or I will, burn the rest of this bloody camp down. "

"I-i- don't know." He chocked.

"Then you all, perish." The captain spat. " Burn it." He commanded.

The scene was unreal. Screams erupted from the camp. Screams of families trying to escape. I couldn't watch the men kill them. Even if i didn't know them well enough to call them family.

The captain brought the blade of his sword to the camp leader's throat, just enough to draw a some blood.

I jumped down from the tree. I had had enough.

"Stop!" I said, stretching my wings in a threatening position.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" The captain gave me a once over and grinned. A sick mocking grin.

"What do you want here?"

He ignored my question . "Grab her. Master will be pleased." I backed away and went up in the air.

"What do you want?!"

"You princess."

Princess? What did I look like, a baby? Then I realised, they wanted me.

Abomination

Figured. I'd been called worse.

Just then, a pair of rough hands grabbed my wrist and before I could yank my hand back, another set of hands grabbed my wings.

Searing pain shot up my back. They got me by the wings. They could fly too.

Peachy.

I was dragged down to the ground and the captain approached me.

"You're coming with me beautiful." He said stroking my cheek. I spat in his face and kneed him where the sun doesn't shine.

He cringed in pain and before he could recover I elbowed the men holding me at my sides, in their guts.

I flew up landing on the neck one of the men held me and snapped his neck sideways, ending him. I repeated the action with the other.

More men were coming toward me from all sides. I knelt down on the floor and conjured vines from the ground, wrapping them their legs. While they struggled, I spread sharp vines and slit each of their throats.

The captain approached me. I put vines on his feet but he just sliced them off with his sword and continued to walk towards me. I shot sharp vines at him but he deflected them. He grabbed me by the neck and pulled me towards the rest of the army.

"Hold her." He commanded one of his men, who cautiously but roughly grabbed my wings.

The pain.

The captain made his way towards the camp leader, who was in the hands of one of his men. He grabbed his shirt pulling him off the ground.

"You were harbouring the abomination." He growled.

"I -I didn't know."

"Now you do." He said before using his sword to slice his head off.

"Nooo!!"

There it was, all the anger and the pain from losing my mother came like a hard blow in the face, like pouring salt in an open wound.

Then all I saw was red. It was blinding. I could feel the raw energy pulsing out of me. When I regained my vision, I saw the captain's men spread all over the ground. I had taken out all his men. He had taken cover with two others.

I became light headed. The power was gone and I felt like I was going to pass out. I flew a safe distance away, not sure of where I was heading and landed on the soft grass.

My vision was blurry. I looked at my hands and the last thing I remember was thinking what have I done?

So what do you think? Im pretty sure Aria kicked butt out there. Your feedback Is appreciated. Click that little star down there. Come on, its almost Christmas, make this wittle gurl happy.

~Thanks for reading < 3