Delicious disaster

I had lost count of how many drinks I had taken. Still, they didn't have any effect on me, other than the fact that my vision was getting hazy. I gave up and followed Asher to the dance floor. A group dance had started and it seemed my feet had minds of their own.

I skipped from partner to partner, blindly dancing with whoever took hold of my hand. A burst of giggles erupted from my throat as I was twirled back to Asher, bouncing up and down to the rythm of the music. One last twirl and the song ended. I curtsied and headed back to the food table, giggling with Asher by my side.

"That was so fun." I said exitedly. Asher laughed.

"It was indeed. I think you caught the eye of some officials." He said pointedly at some men at the other end of the table, smiling me. One winked at me and a woman, I assumed was his wife, whacked him on the head, pulling him away.Asher and I laughed again.

"Glad you're having a great time, Mary." A high pitched, yet smooth voice said. It was princess Karina.

"It's Aria." I said calmly.

"Is it really?" She mocked. "Just don't drink yourself to stupor. I understand that you servants aren't used to alcohol. Anyway, I'll be going back to my Dilly now. Be a darling and get me some of that cake over there. I trust you had a hand in making it. It better be good." She gave a haughty laugh and started to leave.

"Oh I'll give you cake." I said and grabbed a plate of cake. Before she left and before Asher had the chance to stop me, I slammed it on her face. The plate fell off and she wiped the cake off her eyes. I giggled. She growled angrily, a sound that didn't seem like it could come out from her delicate, now cake covered lips. She grabbed some cake with her bare hands and threw it at me but instead, it hit Asher in the face.

I grabbed one of my own and aimed it at her face. She ducked and  it hit the queen's face. The whole room grew quiet. The queen stood from her throne and walked slowly towards us. Everyone froze, holding their breaths, and my heart pounded in my chest at the thought of the consequences of caking the queen. Princess Karina had a smug look on her face, no doubt relishing the moment.

The queen stopped in front of me, cake hanging off the side of her face. "Now Aria, that wasn't proper was it?" She tutted and picked up a piece of cake, then slammed it on my face, smearing it all over it. She giggled girlishly. "That's how you do it."

From within the silent crowd, some screamed. "Food Fight!"

That instant, cake started flying everywhere. Every fae in sight was either throwing or being hit my cake. The musicians took it as their cue to play a fast song. Laughter erupted from all over. It was a care free atmosphere. No worried about their fancy attire getting stained.

Then I saw an angry looking prince walking towards me not a stain on his body in sight. It was like he was deflecting the cake with his anger.

"Are you crazy?" He thundered at me. "What were you thinking? This meant a lot to my mother, now you've turned it into this." He gestured at the wild crowd.

"I don't think your mother minds at all." He saw the queen pelted with cake and laughing as she threw some at some unsuspecting guest. Even he couldn't help but laugh.

"You're right. Looks like she's having fun." Just then, he pulled me out of the way of a blob of cake coming my way. I laughed as he ducked too.

"What's the matter? Afraid of taking a hit?"

"Of course not."

"Good." I said before slamming some into his face. I couldn't see the expression on his cake covered face, but I couldn't stop laughing.

In between my laughing fit, he scooped me off the ground and carried me out of the ballroom room. I was still laughing as he carried me to who knows where. He put me down on the grass.

"You're drunk."

"No I'm not. I barely had anything to drink." I giggled. "I had, one, two... This many drinks."I showed him all ten of my cake covered hands. He just shook his head and chuckled.

"Come on. Let's get cleaned up."

He led me to a small tap on a wall. We washed off, but the dress couldn't be salvaged. I frowned. The prince put a finger under my chin and raised my head to face him.

"What's wrong?"

"It's ruined." I pointed at the dress.

"Don't worry. It's not a big deal." We walked to a tree and sat at the trunk. We were at the secret garden. He put his arm around me and I nestled my head onto his chest. For some reason I felt comfortable.

"Karina on the other hand,will not be happy about hers." He said, his chin on my head. I laughed.

"It was really funny, and she deserved it. She needed a little sugar for that sour attitude."

He sighed. "I'm really sorry about her. She can be a bit horrid sometimes."

I scoffed. "A little." He ran his hand through my hair, increasing my comfort. "I'm sorry for caking your girlfriend."

"She's not my girlfriend."

"Really." I said with a disbelieving tone.

"Really. She wasn't even meant to be there, but her father couldn't make it to the ball and she came instead. I was going to take you, but you refused, so I took her instead." He paused. "I guess Asher was a better fit."

Was it just my drunken state, or did I hear hurt in his words? Either way, I felt compelled to tell him the truth.

"It was wasn't like that at all." I turned around to face him. "I just didn't think I'd fit in such a crowd. It's a jungle out there and I'd either be ridiculed or the ugly monster who didn't belong."

His expression hardened and he cupped my face with his palm.

"Don't say that. You're not a monster."

"Really? I have these to prove it." I gestured towards my covered wings. "They exactly scream normal."

He pulled the cloak of my back, exposing my snow white deformities. "These are beautifull." He looked into my eyes, and unfamiliar expression in his eyes. "You, are beautiful." Our faces were only inches apart, noses touching. I looked at the prince, entranced in his grey eyes and for a moment, I felt like I would get lost in them.

I nestled back into his chest, without a worry the world, he plannyed a kiss on my forehead and i slowly fell asleep to the rhythm of his breathing.

Wooohoo. How was that. I had fun with it, so I hope you enjoyed that chapter. What do you think is going to happen next?  Comment, spill you brains, I want to hear from you.

~Thanksfor reading < 3