Fwargs and Drool.

Training the next day was futile. Thoughts of the previous day's encounter troubled my mind. I had already blasted five men accross the field, including the prince and he wasn't very happy about it.

I was about to move on to my next victim when Dilan grabbed my hands.

"What's the matter with you today?" It was clear that he was annoyed, but, I may or may not have heard a bit of concern in his voice.

"Nothing." I didn't want to lie, no, but I didn't know what to expect as his reaction to knowing my father was the darkness either. I swallowed nervously. "Nope, nothing at all."

He didn't fall for it. "I'm not stupid, Aria. What is really the matter. There's no denying you're distracted."

He was on to me. I delved the debts of my mind for an excuse but came up with nothing. Then Devan came over to us, with a grin on his face. I smiled back, greatful for a diversion.

"Aria." He captured me in a hug, his arms encasing my small frame. I squirmed. He laughed.

"Careful or you'll break me."

"I wouldn't dream of it princess, for fear of being flung accross the room." He earned a groan from me. From a tiny gap that one of the arms crushing my head left, I caught a smirk from Dilan.

I finally wriggled out of Devan's grasp and he patted my ruffled my brown hair, that I was sure resembled a mop at that point.

"So, what do you think about farg hunting." Fargs wolf like creatures but with wings.

"You aren't going to kill them, are you?" There were beautiful creatures and were almost extinct.

"Of course not. The kingdom forbids it, but they are fun to catch. We'll release them afterwards." Dilan said. I sighed in relief.

"So, are you coming?" Devan asked.

"Yes." I said and followed him, looking forward to seeing on up close. As we walked, Dilan came up from behind me, and whispered into my ear.

"I'm not done with you yet." His breath tickled the skin on my neck as he spoke, then he pulled back, walking beside me with a light smirk tugging at his lips. I blew a strand of hair away from my face.

♤♤♤♤♤

Farg hunting turned out to be tedious. There were none in sight and we remained in our hiding position, which was behind a cluster of trees and bushes in the forest, waiting for one to come to the spot.

"Are you sure the're around here, Devan?" He was staring intently at the area where he had set the net trap, as he had been doing for the past on hour.

"Yes." He whispered, not taking his eyes of the trap.

"How? " I whispered back.

"I can feel it." I nodded, not knowing how to respond to that.
Dilan snorted derisively from his position at the foot of a tree. His leaned back, looking relaxed, eyes closed, his hands behind his head and bathed in a warm glow of sunlight. I rolled my eyes.

Lazy prick.

I followed Devan's gaze and stared as he did. Maybe if we stared hard enough...

I heard a growl. I deep throated growl that sent shivers up my spine.

"Don't move." Dilan whispered. I turned around slowly and saw the creature in front of me, or rather, towering over me. It bared it's razor sharp teeth, drool dripping from its mouth I bit my lip to keep from screaming. It growled again, bathing me in saliva.