Finding stuff out.

"Tell me what you did to me."

"No."

"Why am I shedding?"

"Hmm."

I was frustrated and exhausted from talking to the woman. She was as impenetrable as a rock when it came to getting information from her.

Barely five seconds from walking out of the door with Dilan, a slicing pain went through my back. After sitting down I discovered that I was loosing the feathers on my wings and that the feathers she put on my wrist were growing, with the wing markings glowing through them.We tried interrogating the difficult woman about what was happening but an hour later, her lips remained in that same thin line.

"There's no use, she not going to tell us anything except under her own will."

"Smart boy." She said and her lips quirked up slightly.

"Why don't you go out for some fresh air while I try to talk some sense into her." Dilan whispered into my ear, he squeezed my shoulder. I cringed. Even there it hurt bad. I offered a painful smile.

I got to my feet and made my may towards the front door. The pain in my back intensified with every step. When I got outside, I was greeted by some of the men in our company. They were training it seemed. I went to the back of the large wooden house to where Grey was lying lazily on the grass. The weather and temperature around there wasn't changing like it and been when we arrived. More questions.

I slumped down next to him and sighed. There was so much to do, so many thoughts in my head and I knew I wouldn't be getting around to doing anything anytime soon so I settled with the thoughts.

My mother.

I had been thinking about her a lot but the days we spent travelling got my mind off her most of the time. Is she still alive? Was my father brutal enough to kill her? He was brutal enough to destroy a whole village, why not my mother? Unless he loved her. Did he? I didn't know their story. All I knew was I had to get her back. I needed to think of something else.

Thoughts of what happened with Dilan only an hour ago came to mind. Would what happened between us change anything? Of course it would. I wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing. But it felt so right. So right to be there right then, to feel like I wasn't the only one carrying the burden. Most of all to feel like I wasn't alone.

Grey licked my face as if to get me out of my reverie. That reminded me. I needed to ask who brought him here. I got up brushed the dirt off my skirt and pet him. A few more feathers from my wings fell off. I picked them up and sighed.

"I'll be back later, boy." I said and went to the front of the house, I hoped to get to Ira since the lean lady would probably not give me any answers and Dilan would still be wrestling her for answers.

When I got to her she was with Devan, her head on his shoulder and her arms wrapped around him. They were talking in hushed tones.

I gasped a little to loudly and they jumped. When they saw me she slapped him.

"Don't you dare touch me."

"Um. Actually I remember you were the one touching him." I said with a laugh.

"The jig is up, Ira. We'd have to tell her sooner or later." Devan said while rubbing his face. Ira sighed.

"Alright. Devan and I have been secretly-"

"Dating."

It wasn't hard to believe really.

"I was going to say that."