The Talk

#Aria

Another day of back breaking training. I was so exhausted that thought I would collapse on the floor any second. I just needed to get to my bed. A few more steps.

A few more.

I collapsed onto the soft material I had as my bed. I exhaled. I just needed to get a few hours of sleep. Then I'd be up and running. Then I'd be ready........

"Aria!"

I gave a startled jump and landed on the ground.

"Uggh." I groaned "WHAT?" I snapped at the oppressor, ready to torch whoever it was.

"Nice to see you too." It was Ira's voice, but still my irritation wasn't abated. "We have to talk."

"I'm going to sleep." I said while dragging myself back onto the bed.

"No." She dragged me down again. "I said we have to talk, and talk we shall."

"We're talking right now see? Nice talk." My face was smooshed on the floor. All I could think about was getting to sleep. The floor didn't feel that uncomfortable. I was already on it anyway. I could just drift......

Then icy water was poured on me.

"Skdmffggg." I shivered and cursed the green-eyed far in front of me.

"Fine, let's talk." I got up, and used my powers to wring the water out of my clothes and into the bucket Ira was holding. She nearly tipped over. I smirked and sat on my bed.

"Okay, Ira let's talk." I said while she set the bucket down and started opposite me. "I understand that as you grow older, your body exhibits changes and your hormones start acting up. Don't wor-"

"No! Not that talk!" Ira said pink faced. She grabbed a pillow and whacked my face.

"It's nothing to be embarrassed about darling." I grinned.

"Seriously. We need to talk."

"About Devan and you?"

"About Dilan and you."

I sneezed."Thanks for the cold, Ira."

"Don't change the subject. It's just a cold."

"There's nothing to talk about, really."

Apart from the fact that thoughts of him swarmed my head constantly, how I felt when he was around me, how I felt when......

"How do you feel about him?"

"Happy." I smiled to myself. "He makes me feel happy."

"Uhh, Aria. What are you smiling at?"

"I'm not smiling." I tried to keep a straight face.

"Gosh. You're in love, aren't you?"

"I care about him, Ira." A lot.

"In love with the prince of Axen. This ought to be interesting." She teased.

I laughed nervously. I wanted to change the topic.

"What about you and Devan?"

"Ah ah ah. Let's not talk about that gorilla." She said with smile.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~*

After talking to Ira, my joints still ached but I wasn't sleepy anymore. Ira and I were hungry. We tiptoed down the stairs and treaded carefully in the kitchen so the silent one wouldn't catch us rummaging through her pantry.

While we were stuffing our faces with food, I realized we weren't the only ones awake. I snuck over to the living room and saw Dilan and his aunt talking. I would have turned away but then I heard my name.

"I had a vision. I'm going to get hurt while fighting with Aria."

Fighting with me?

"Well, that is expected. You can't expect to fight the darkness without getting hurt, Dilan."

"The fight will be fatal." His aunt was silent. "I need you to keep quiet about it, aunt."

I couldn't read her expression."Meaning not to tell Aria." She said.

"Yes." He exhaled.

"And why don't you just stay away from the battle?"

He ran his hand through his hair, looking distressed, making me want to walk in and comfort him."I need to be there, aunt Penelope. Don't you understand?"

"I understand very well." She got up. I stepped away from the door. "Just know who you're giving your life for."

"I know."

I left the door, grabbed Ira mid bite and we returned everything to it's rightful place. We went back to the room we shared since the last was destroyed in the fight.

"I heard. What are you going to do?" She said when the door was closed behind us.

"Isn't it obvious. Keep him away."

She lay down on her bed and stared at the ceiling while I paced around the room.

"His has a whole kingdom looking up to him and yet he's choosing to die in a battle that isn't his." I stopped abruptly. "Why would he do that?"

"Isn't it obvious." She repeat my reply. "He loves you."

I stared, dumbfounded, at her.

"And by the looks of it, you love him too."

"I do?"

My heart was beating rapidly. In surprise, in frustration. I came to realise that I did love him and because of that, I needed to keep him from coming with me when the time came to destroy the darkness.

I had been clinging on to the thought of Dilan being there when I happened, so I wouldn't feel completely alone when it was time to destroy my own father, but I'd rather be alone at the time than lose him during battle.

"You seem to have forgotten what we talked about." She got up and sat beside me. "

"I said I care about him a lot."

"And if you were in his shoes, wouldn't you do the same?"

I sighed. "Yes."

"Meaning?"

"I love him."

¶©©©©©©©©©©©©¶

Very short. But what would you have me do? The week has been annoying and this is my first break. I'm off to enjoy some good food and sleep.

Adiós. Love you.

~Thanks for reading<3