Mismatched identities

It was dinnertime and everyone was talking excitedly but I could still sense the profound tension between the prince and I. He kept looking at me but I trained my eyes on my soup, till he spoke.

"Let's talk about it."

"There's no need, your highness." He kept grimacing when I called him that but I felt like we had backtracked away from the first name basis. He was the prince of Axen after all.

"You don't have to be like that."

I dropped my spoon in the soup but I didn't say anything. How could I?

He held my wrist as I reached for the spoon again.

"Why?"He almost groaned. Still, I pretended to be oblivious to his distress.

"Why what?" I looked firmly into his eyes.

"Why are you shutting me out?"

So that he won't be able to read me and figure that I have to keep him away. So that if for any reason he was around me during the battle and was hurt or worse, it wouldn't be as hard for me to handle it.

"I'm not."

"Then what exactly are you doing, princess?" The table was relatively quieter. I knew the others were listening.

Couldn't we have a normal dinner?

"This isn't the time." I whispered. He slammed his fists on the table and stromed out of the dinning room angrily. I lost my appetite after that and played around with my food. I felt the deep, questioning gazes from the people around me but before anyone could talk I excused myself to go to my room.

What has gotten into him?

I walked up the stairs trying to convince myself that shutting him out was for the best. Wasn't it? I barely walked up the last step before I was slammed into a wall. It was Dilan, breathing heavily on my neck.

"I'm sorry, Aria. So sorry."

"What are you doing?" His grip loosened a bit.

"I feel horrible for storming out like that. I should have been patient."

"You don't have to apologize."

"I'm so sorr-"

"Don't apologize. It's my fault." He raised his head and we looked into each other's eyes. His grey ones intense. "I just want you to understand that I don't want you to get hurt because of me. It's easier to deal with it this way. Do you understand?" I pleaded.

He lowered his head to mine. "I do." His voice sounded deeper. "I do indeed, darling."

His eyes weren't grey anymore. Color seeped into it till I was staring back at my own hazel eyes.

"Dilan?" I tried to move from his hold. He gripped tighter.

"There's no Dilan here, darling." Even before his face changed smoothly to the face of the one I hated most, I recognized the menacing voice.

"You."

"Daughter. We meet again."

"Can't say it's a pleasure."

Hia laugh rattled my bones. I pushed him off me but he regained his grip and pinned me to the wall. My wings were pressed hard against the wall and pain coursed through me.

He held my face in his hands.

"Why have you come back? Are you ready to face your fate, old man? Your fate of being destroyed by your own daughter."

He slammed my head against the wall.

"Fate is overrated." He let go of me and turned away so I jumped at him, pinning him to the ground. He laughed and I punched his face. He laughed again and I punched him, this time with fire on my first.

"You can kill me now and never find your mother." I held a flaming fist in the air.

"How do I know you haven't already killed her?"

"I can't kill someone as powerful as she. As evil and she." I punched him. "Do you know what will be really interesting? Finding out if you can kill her yourself." He laughed. "Since you most definitely have to."

"Enough of that! Take me to her!"

"You're already there."

I look up from his bloodied face and saw that I was in fact not in the prince's aunt's house anymore. The walls of the room were completely white and adorned with gold curtains. It took me a while to recognize the throne room where I had my first encounter with the stony side of Dilan. I wondered if he was yet to notice my absence.

On the golden twin thrones, seated on its red trimming and embellishments was Queen Neveah, dressed in a red flowing gown and with a an eerie smile on her face.

I got off the man grinning but bloodied by my savegery. He got up also and healed almost instantly to my surprise. He had some tricks of his own.

"Aria, my love." The Queen meandered towards me. When she got to me she hugged me fondly. "I'm so happy to see my daughter with me again." She kissed my cheeks. She had my mother's voice but she was the Queen of Axen, Dilan's mother.

Surely she isn't.....no!

"Mother?"

"It's me, my love. Now we can destroy this kingdom together and afterwards, the whole *Airiva*."

¶©©©©©©©©©©©©¶

Airiva(Pronounced: air-ree-va) : As in the normal world we say "world" or "planet, they say "Airiva".

Hola!

I'm so sorry for missing last week's update but I had to handle some things.

There will be about two to three chapters to end the book, and there will be a second book!

Yay!

Writing Collosal wings has been so fun for me. This is my first ever book and soon to be my first ever finished book.

Yay!

The next book will be published at around December or January. It will be called RIVIVAL WINGS Or WINGS OF RIVIVAL Or WINGS OF CHAOS. Comment which you think is best. And don't forget to tap the little star to vote and share!

I do hope you will be here to read my next book by then.

~Thank you so much for reading<3