Wet.

Prince Asher came the next day while Dilan and I were on the training field, all smiles and sunshine and Dilan glared back at him, all daggers and ice.

I rolled my eyes and walked to the grinning prince. He took my hand in his and kissed it softly.

"Aria. A pleasure to see you again." I smiled back.

"Ah, Dilan. It's always a pleasure to see you."Asher said, his smile never wavering.

"Like wise." Dilan replied sourly.

The shook each others hands but gripped each other hands, while staring at each other menacingly for a moment too long.

Asher was the first one break the staring match and when he turned to me, the smile had returned to his face, brighter than before, if possible.

"I trust you have been told that I will be accompanying you on your little adventure." He turned to Dilan. "Aren't you excited?"

Dilan glared but nodded politely. "You are welcome to our company prince of Eliris." He said through his teeth.

When I decided that the glares where to much for me to handle, I looked for away to remove myself from their midst but before I could, prince Asher turned back to me.

"Well." He smiled at me. "I'm looking forward to seeing more of you." He said then kissed the back of my hand and went on his way.

Dilan, who had been glaring at Asher's back as he left, stomped to the weapons building. I rolled my eyes and followed him.

He was sitting sitting on a stool and sharpening his sword aggressively. I walked towards him.

"Dilan." I cooed. He ignored me and went on. I tried again but he still didn't answer, so, spotting a bucket, I lifted the water out of it and let a few drops fall on his face. Before he realised what was happening, I dropped the blob of water over his head.

He stopped sharpening and turned to me slowly.

"What was that." His voice was oddly calm.

I smirked though I felt uneasy about his calmness. "Just making sure you we're awake."

"You thought I was asleep while sharpening my sword?"

"I could happen." I said innocently. "Besides, you didn't answer me."

"Okay. Get the water off me." He sounded angry. I wondered why.

"What was that?" I tried to hold back my laughter as I cupped a hand over my ear and Dilan, who looked like a wet dog, fumed even more.

"Get the water off me, please."

"That's better." I said satisfactorily.

He stood there for a while, staring at me expectantly with his wet hair matted on his face. Cute. Then he glared.

"Why are you staring at me like that." I feigned innocence.

"I said please."He said between his teeth.

Even though I could have easily wrung the water off his clothes with my powers, I wanted to make him squirm.

"Oh that." I said. "No." I laughed out loud at the look on his face.

You devious ....

And just like that his expression changed. His scowl transformed into a menacing grin and his eyes grew a shad darker. He moved closer to me with his arms out stretched. My heart was beating rapidly as his wet self came closer. Then he stopped and wrapped his arms around me and splashed water from his hair on me.

"Ahh! Stop!"

"Hmm. Let me think. No."

I squealed in protest till he was done using me as a towel. He let go and looked at his work satisfactorily.

Devan came in just then and when he took us in, he started laughing hysterically. He tried to wiggle his eye brows at me in the process, but ended up looking constipated.

"Very funny Dev." I huffed. "Dilan here, just used me as a towel."

"I can see that." He said, trying to contain his laughter.

Dilan just shrugged and walked to the exit. When Dilan was out of ear shot, Devan wrapped his arm around air and pretended to kiss it.

"Oh, Dilan. How handsome you look when you're all wet. Ooo."

He continued to kiss air, till I the remaining water in the bucket and dumped it on his head.

A few chuckles came from the soldiers passing by us. He couldn't help but laugh.

I dried us off and by the game I was done, Dilan had come back. He didn't look at me as he returned his sword to it's place.

"Well, I'll be going now." I was suddenly uncomfortable. I whirled around and almost ran out of the building."

"Wait. Where are you headed?"

"I'm going to meet Ira."

"Good. I'll come with you." I chuckled mentally at that, then almost groaned as I saw that Dilan was following too.

I tried as much as I could to ignore Dilan's presence for the rest of the day, but I couldn't shake the feeling that he was watching me  and when I looked at him he was always staring at something else.

¶©©©©©©©©©©©©¶

It is short short short. Gaahhhhh! Blehhhhhhh. Sorry for the pitiful excuse for an update but tests are tomorrow and I can't shake my love for programming(which is what I do all weekend. Yes, I have a life.).

Anyway. A pen(Yes. I am aware.)for your thoughts?

<3Thanks for reading.