Day 3: The Fun Begins.

You know when you are in the middle of a good dream then reality come bursting in at the best part of it. That's exactly what happened. I was having one of my rarer good dreams involving dancing spoons and teapots and on the verge of falling in love with a prince who had been turned into a beast, the sound of a trumpet broke through the dreamscape.

Now I'll never lift the curse. I thought as I got up from the comfortable spot I found on the floor and stepped out of the tent. Ira was just getting up after me.

"What in the world?" Ira said groggily.

The trumpet was still loud and clear and my ears where beginning to hurt.

Outside, Asher was stomping around and blowing the trumpet so hard, his face looked like a beetroot.

"Um. Asher." He kept blowing. "Ash." Still blowing.

"ASHER!" He finally heard over his racket and looked at me.

"Do you mind telling us what's going on?"

"It's boot camp." He grinned at me. "Fun, right?"

"Are you joking?" He frowned.

"Nope. This is as real as you and me." He grinned. I heard Ira stifle a giggle and I pinched her elbow.

"Okay. Have fun with your boot camp. I'll just go and finish my dream."

As I turned around, Asher held me by the elbow. "Wait. Would you rather have an amazing day of hiking on the mountains and running through obstacles, or go back and finish some dream."

I made a show of thinking, humming thoughtfully. "I think I'd rather go back to my dream. The rose has only one petal left and I need to save the beast."

He and Ira looked confused. "Just, trust me. You'll have a good time"

I sighed and followed him in the direction he was pulling me. Ira waved at me, blew me an air kiss and silently laughed at me.

"You know what would be fun? If Ira would join us." I smiled mischievously.

"Great Idea." He said and latched his other hand to Ira's arm.  Ira was glared me and I laughed.

It couldn't be that bad. I said before I got a good look at where he was taking us.

There was a whole obstacle course, complete with barbed wires over mud, huge rocks to climb and other things that spelt out FUN to the maniac grinning beside me.

"And you did this yourself?"

"Yeah, with a bit of help." He said, still smiling. "Okay, Aria, You go first."

I looked at the obstacle course and back to him then sighed. Better to get it over with. I went to the starting line, which was a huge rock I had to climb and smiled.

I have wings for a reason.

"And no using of wings or your powers." I groaned and made my way up the rock. I reached the top in no time and jumped down, but what I didn't know was that the floor below was covered in mud. It splashed all over me. I kept going till I reach the barbed wires. I had to fold my wings tightly around me so they didn't get caught.

The course went on like that till I reached the end. I noticed that Devan, Dilan and a few others had come to watch.

Great.

Covered in mud and glad I was done with that train wreck. I made for the woods in good of finding some random body of water.

I'm going to kill Ash for this.

Soon enough, I found it and washed the mud off. Well, most of it and I realised that I forgot to bring any clothes to change into.

I grumbled all the way back in my wet clothes, into my tent and changed my clothes. I had barely finished wearing my top when Dilan barged into my tent.

"Um, why don't you come in?"

"Thanks."

"I wanna show you something." He said.

"Okay." I said and followed probably to some bizzare idea of fun for the second time that day. I sighed in exertion.

"It won't be as bad a Asher's I promise." His words slightly reassured me till he said, "It'll be fun."

I'm doomed.

After some time of walking, we stopped at some cluster of bushes.

"You'll love it." He said and I prepared for the worst.

When he pulled the leafy branch away, the sight was breathtaking. My breath hitched. We were at the top of a waterfall. I couldn't see where the water was pouring down from, because we we're standing just over the spot where the water fell. The bottom was not visible because of the gushing water,  but I was sure it was deep. It was amazing.

"Woah."

"I know."

"Better than Asher's obstacles course?" He grinned in satisfaction. I pursed my lips.

"It's not a competition you know. You two are perfectly fine not being fun."

I probably should have shut my mouth.

"We haven't gotten to the best part yet." He took my hand in his and we moved closer to the edge.

"What else?"

"We are going to jump."

"Wh-"

Before I could get a word out, I was plunging fast into the water grave below and what's worse I couldn't feel my wings.

¶©©©©©©©©©©©©¶

Early update y'all!

Hope you enjoyed it. Wh not share your thoughts?  And don't forget to vote.

Sunday update is coming as usual.

~Thank for reading<3