Not alone

"Was that necessary?"

"Probably not."

"So you didn't have to knock her unconscious?"

"Likely."

"Then why do it, aunt Penelope!"

"One of the many questions in life."

I still wanted to listen in on their conversation but I as uncomfortable so I tried to shift in the bed quietly, only succeeding in knocking of some unknown object that rolled on the floor noisily.

"You know you don't always have to always be criptic about things?"

"I don't?"

"Gahh!"

Dilan burst into the room I was in. I lay still in the bed so he would think I was asleep.

"I know you're awake."

I sat up slowly with the smirking prince in view.

"How are you?" He sat at the edge of my bed.

"Feeling? I feel like I just slept on a rock, wings feel like they're on fire and my feelings about your aunt after knocking me unconscious.... not sure."

We were so close that I could smell his minty breath. He laughed. A deep laugh that had a mixture amusement and, what was that? Nervousness? The sound of it alone sent shivers all over me.

"Yeah. She does that sometimes."

"Really? Because this is the second time she has knocked me out in less than two days."

"Three actually." I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"But are you okay? Really?" He gave me an intense stare that made lower my gaze to my dwindling thumbs. When I didn't answer he shifted closer. The room became hotter.He put his thumb and index finger under my chin and tilted my head up. He looked concerned. Almost, worried about me?

"Are you?"

"To be honest. I don't know anymore." I sat up straighter in the bed. "I feel like he's watching us, and even if he isn't I know he's coming soon and whether we like it or not, he's got the upper hand, and all I can do is sit and wait-"

"You can do more than that." He held my head in his hands gently but speaking aggressively. "You are doing more than that. You don't give yourself enough credit. You're working hard and becoming stronger. This is only about Axen, it's also about you. Besides, what good is a hero without knowing who she is?"

His voice grew softer."You have all of us behind you." He tucked a lose strand of hair behind my ear. "You have me."

You have me.

I didn't know what to say to him. I sat there lost in his words and his eyes with only a few inches keeping us apart. He always knew what to say. Right there and then I wanted to kiss him. My eyes flickered to his lips. He did the same.

What's stopping you? I thought to myself.

What was? Was I afraid that what happened last time would repeat itself. That he wouldn't return it or worse say it was a mistake. I didn't think it would be a mistake. That was why I went for it.

I pressed my lips softly against his. A moment's hesitation was quickly erased when he returned it, wrapping his hands around my waist. Our lips moved in sync and it was clear who was leading as he claimed my lips. My eyelids were shut, not being able to concentrate on anything but the the tingling feeling on my lips. My hands found their way to his hair. As my hands combed through it, it felt like a soft dream. His fingers massaged my spine. I heard a soft moan and realized it was coming from me. His came not long afterwards and that set me on cloud nine.

Dilan pulled me closer to him as the kiss deepened. Every part of me he touched sent sparks igniting away. Our bodies molded into one, my hands never settling as it entangled his hair. All my emotions were channeled into the kiss. Sorrow, happiness, confusion, love. Everything I had been bottling up. He removed his lips from mine, slowly, almost teasing, daring.

I took his lips in mine again. A moan escaped his lips as I did so, a delightful sound to my ears. I didn't want to stop and he didn't seem like he did. So we didn't. We just let our lips dance on top of each other, moving to their own rhythm. I separated us, resting my head on his chest. The only sound in the dim room was our ragged breathing. His arms never left me and so he slowly pulled me into a hug.

What do say after something like that? I asked myself, and as always, Dilan always knew the right thing to say.

"You're not alone in this, princess." I giggled softly into his neck at the nickname, probably sounding like a child. I heard his breath hitch. After a while of silence and listening to each other's breathing, Dilan spoke.

"I think my aunt would like to see you." I groaned.

"Do I have to?" I said to him, still hugging. He chuckled.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure she doesn't knock you unconscious this time."

We sat there for a while, enjoying the comfortable silence till we finally let go of each other, reluctantly. We walked out of the room together, with his hand wrapped around my waist.

¶©©©©©©©©©©©©¶

What!?

Two chapters in one day!?

Yes! Yes! Yes! I enjoyed writing the chapter so much. I want dedicate it to my three awesome friends

natalia10_ porsher_ AliceInWhitherland

for their awesome help on the this chapter (Yes, I said awesome twice!) They made it so much fun for me.

Don't forget to vote! vote! vote! and comment.

I almost forgot

SHARE!

~Thanks for reading<3