Ruins and History

I woke up disorientated. My throat was dry and sore and I had no memory of where I was. Then I remembered. The men in armour, the camp leader's head rolling towards my feet, my sudden outburst of power. But I didn't remember getting away.

I sat up and scanned the area around me. There was a small waterfall that ended in a pool of water beside me. The water gleamed in the sunlight. Getting off the floor, I looked at where I had lain on the grass. It was scorched. Not just any burn marks on the grass. There were patterns on the ground, swirling towards the centre which was where I just got up from.

That just added to the questions already swirling in my head. Why were those men after me? How had they found me? I shook my head. I didn't need that. I turned to the pool. I felt drawn to it.

Not now. I had to go to the camp. Maybe some people managed to escape. I took off, airborne. The sun was setting, so I tried to get there as fast as I could, before dark.

When I reached the camp, at the sight, my knees buckled, striken by the amount of damage done to the camp. Majority of the captain's men were spread all over the ground. Charred black.

Abomination

The word rang in my head. Jabbing a gaping hole in my chest. Realisation struck me like a bullet. I got up with all the strength I could muster and dragged myself through the ruins. I had to search for survivors.

I searched the whole area but I found no one. I couldn't take anymore so I ran blindly away from the wreckage. I collapsed at the foot of a tree, just as a throbbing headache hit my head. They were gone. All of them, because of me.

"Mom, they're gone." I whispered to myself and a fit of sobs escaped my throat. What would she have done at a time like this? She would never have done what I did, she wasn't a monster.

Mom was a dark fae. I never knew who my dad was, and whenever I asked about him, she would have this distant look in her eyes. There was nothing unusual about her life until she had me, that much I know. I was looked at as cursed to others and my wings were a deformity to them. All because I was a dark fae born of the light. That was impossible until me.

When a fae is born, light and dark struggle in it, until one outweighs the other. Dark faes are not evil, they just draw their energy from the moon, while the light faes draw their energy from the sun and for me being a dark fae born of the light, I draw my energy from the sun and the moon.

Everything was balanced until the darkness came over Axen and because of that, it was associated with the dark fae. War broke out between the two fae lines and they were divided. The conflict ended but no one really won the war, and it created a between them. The king was a light fae and the queen was a dark fae and because of that, opposing dark faes attempted to kill the queen, claiming she was a disgrace to the dark faes.

The king was killed instead while saving his beloved. All hope of reuniting the faes was lost, until a seer, told of a prophecy, that a fae balanced with light and dark would bring the two fae lines back together and destroy the darkness. What it didn't say was the darkness would do everything in its power, to prevent that from happening. That's what happened. That darkness tried to destroy me at birth but I unknowingly touched it and it disappeared.

It tried a second time and my mum saved me by letting it take her instead. That was when I was sixteen. I'd been alone for two years.

I heard voices so peered behind a bush. I stood shocked. It was the camp. Most of them had escaped. I felt the urge to run over to them, but I held back. Everything that had happened to them was my fault and I would just be adding to their problems If I stayed. Then again, what were the chances that they would let me stay.

A tear fell down my cheek as a watched a family capture themselves in an embrace. Once again I ran into the forest blindly, with the rest of my strength and collapsed at the base of a tree.

Hey people. Where do you think Aria will go from here? I feel it's a bit sad but there's no going back, cus my fingers feel like they might fall off . Can't wait for Christmas SHREAK!!!

Ahhhh. Why not comment on anything random!! I love reading them.

P.S That picture is Aria.

~Thanks for reading < 3.