Captured or Rescued?

#Aria#

I had a fitful sleep and for some reason my back ached. I groaned. Once again I didn't know where I was. I really needed to stop blacking out. I lay there, starting at the tree covered sky, when I heard a familiar rushing of water. I shifted to my side and I saw that I was back at that waterfall. Talk about De ja vu.

I sat up against the tree trunk and watched beams of light dancing and colouring the pool. I felt drawn to it again and I didn't know why. This time I didn't resist.

I pulled my ripped dress off and walked towards the pool. Once I reached the edge, I placed a foot in the water. It was warm. Weird, but I paid little attention to that. I went into the water, still being pulled by a strange force. The lights danced on my skin as I went closer to the centre of the pool, where the beams seemed more concentrated.

The lights tickled my skin, i could feel them, which added to the oddity of it all. It made my skin tingle, with light heat like it was sending bursts of energy into me. I giggled, loving the feeling.

Then the heat intensified. As it gradually became hotter, I tried to leave the pool but I couldn't. I couldn't move from that spot. It felt like hot coals on the skin and all I could do was scream in pain. The bursts of energy became horribly painful. I was going to die in that cursed pool.

The heat of the beams bore into my skin with one last burst of energy and then the pain was gone and the beams disappeared. I felt like i had been hit in the head with a tree. I collapsed, submerged in the water.

My body felt like lead as I sank into the pool. I was already welcoming oblivion, when rough hands pulled me up onto the grass. He released his hold on me as I lay there naked and gasping for air.

"We found it." A gruff voice said. He knelt down beside me and raised my head up by my chin, toying with a stray strand of my wet hair.

"You're worth a heavy price, beautiful."

His face was almost too tanned, with grimy black hair matted on his head and a scruffy beard. I saw a gold tooth glint in his mouth as he grinned at me. There were three others like him behind. I gave a disgusted look as he trailed a fingers down my bare shoulder. When he went down my arm, I bit him.

He growled at me. I shot, smirked lightly, but it faded away when I remembered that I was stark naked in front of three men, who looked at me like I was a piece of meat, with only my damp wings covering me.

I looked at the tree trunk where I left my torn garment, as if willing them to appear on me. I was still so weak I couldn't keep my head up, so any hope of making a dash for it was gone.

I turned to face the men and I was greeted with a hard slap across my cheek. I tasted a warm metallic tasting substance in my mouth. I looked up at the man who just hit me and he still had a grin on his face.

"Feisty one, aren't you." He said as he walked to the other men.

"Mavrik, She may be dangerous. Is it worth the price?"

"Shut up and look at her. She's more helpless than a human. We couldn't have gotten her at a better time." Mavrik said clearly proud of himself.

Too weak to use my powers, I felt helpless. I slumped onto the ground. I had no clothes, could barely move and I couldn't use my powers. I had thought I would die in the pool, but was sure I was gonna die then.

Then I heard a commotion.

"She's mine." I heard Mavrik growl.

"Shut him up." An unfamiliar voice commanded. I craned my neck to see what was happening. There were about 20 men in total, including the one making his way towards me.

"Are you alright?" He said in a deep voice. I tried to reply but it came out in a croak. He lifted me off the ground. His face was inches away from mine and I could feel his warm breath on my face. I looked into his grey eyes and my breath hitched. I almost forgot that I was naked.

I said almost.

I looked down and sighed in relief when I saw my wings draped on top of me. He chuckled. A deep throated chuckle that made my heart do a flip.

"SHE'S MINE, BLOODY PRINCE!" Mavrik shouted.

"I thought I told you to shut him up." He said in annoyance as he pulled back. I was slightly disappointed. He carried me towards what I thought was a cage, and lay me down carefully on the wooden base.

Did he just say prince? I could barely process the thought as my eyelids became heavier. I watched the grey eyed stranger shut the door and turn away.

Gradually I succumbed to sleep, as the structure I was in began to move. The trees around me blurred and I wondered if I just captured or rescued?

Hey, SHRIEK!! ARIA AND DILAN FINALLY MET. What do you think happened at the pool? Don't forget to tell your friends and make me smile by voting and telling me what you think.

BTWS. How do u like the picture of Aria and Dilan? I drew it myself.

JINGLE BELL JINGLE BELLS JINGLE ALL THE WAY!!