023

Lina POV

"So, who am I meeting again?" Roman asked me as he put on his tshirt.

"Lincoln." I said.

"And who is Lincoln?" He asked me.

"Lyla's big brother. The one that took me in when I left home." I said.

He nodded, "And we're getting all dressed up because?" He asked me.

"Because he wants to take us to a nice restaurant." I answered.

Again he nodded, "Is it just the two of us and him or?"

"Lyla's going too." I said.

"Alright. Is h-"

I turned to face him then pulled him to stand in front of me, "Babe. Chill out. Lincoln's not a hard guy to get along with. You don't have to be nervous."

He sighed, "I'm not usually but Lyla, Veronica, and CeCe made it seem like it was gonna go bad for me." He said.

I sucked in a breath, "He's ... let's just say, protective of me." I said.

He furrowed his eyebrows, "You didn't date him did you?" He asked.

I shook my head, "No, nothing like that. He just.. he sees me as another little sister and doesn't generally like when I get into a relationship. It's not as bad as when Lyla gets into one but it's still pretty bad. I don't think that you have anything to worry about once he sees how much I love you." I said while wrapping my arms around his waist.

He took a deep breath then let it out.

"Okay babe?" I asked.

"Alright." He said.

"Okay good." I said before standing on my tiptoes to kiss his lips.

I sat down on the bed to put my heels on.

As soon as I did there was a knock at the door.

Roman walked over to open it and JoJo walked in with Veronica and Seth right behind her.

"She wanted to come and say goodnight." Vero said with a smile as Roman lifted her into his arms.

He kissed her forehead, "Alright Joelle, you be good for Uncle Seth and Aunt Veronica okay?"

She nodded, "Okay daddy."

"Okay, we'll come get you in the morning when you wake up." He said before kissing her forehead again.

"Okay. Night daddy, night Lina." She said.

I smiled, "Night Pancake." I said as Roman put her down.

She ran over to me and nearly tackled me in a hug, making me laugh.

"So Ro, you ready to meet Lincoln?" Vero asked, a smug look on her face.

I set JoJo down on the floor again.

"As ready as I'll ever be." He said.

Her eyes shot over to me and she raised her eyebrows, "You think Lincoln's gonna approve?"