019

Roman POV

I glared at Carlos angrily as he spat hate at Rey and I.

I heard a slap echo through the quiet lobby and snapped my head to look at Lina.

Maria was standing in front of her.

"You are such a fucking troublemaker Catalina! You stupid, ungrateful, piece of shit!!!" She screamed at her.

Lina turned slowly to glare at her.

"I knew I should've k..." before she could finish Lina slapped her back as hard as she could nearly knocking Maria to the ground.

Before Maria could even process what happened to her Lina tackled her to the floor and continued to hit her in the face.

"Why would you let them do that to me?! You're supposed to be my mother!" She yelled breathlessly as she hit Maria.

From the corner of my eye I saw Carlos escaping the grip of the security.

My first instinct was to go and get Lina off of her because the thought of Carlos touching her in any way doesn't sit right with me.

I ran over to Lina wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her off of Maria.

I pulled her onto my lap hugging her from behind.

She immediately broke down in tears.

Carlos actually succeeded in getting through the security and pulled Maria onto his lap like I did Lina.

Lina was shaking in my arms as she cried, "I hate you! I hate you! I fucking hate you!" Lina screamed at them as tears ran down her face. "You're supposed to be my parents! You were supposed to protect me!"

They both stared back at her angrily without a word. I could see the knots forming on Maria's face as well as the blood pouring out of her nose.

"You were supposed to make sure no one ever hurt me! I counted on you guys. I trusted you guys." Lina cried harder making me tighten my grip on her.

Everyone in the room was quiet and nobody seemed to even move.

"What did I do to deserve to be treated like this ?!" She asked dropping her head.

They stared at her as she talked but held the same angry expression.

"Why can't you just leave me alone? Please, I never asked you guys for anything. Just do this one thing for me. Pretend for one second that you actually care about what I want and leave me the hell alone." She begged them, lowering her voice as she stared back at them.

But they still didn't answer, instead they kept quiet tears of anger threatening to fall down their faces.

"You both already did every vile thing you could so just leave me alone now!" She pleaded.

As soon as that left her mouth Maria pushed Carlos off of her then got up and pushed through all the people to leave the building.

With his eyes still on Lina, Carlos stayed put for a couple seconds without another word before he got up and followed her out.