Interview :: SilverhawkWC

1. What is your name? (optional)

My real name is Noa, but I go by Silver or Hawk on this platform

2. How would you describe yourself? (in three sentences or more)

I'm pretty much an ambivert and a debater (ENTP-T). I'm a massive procrastinator and truthfully, I tend to be a bit straightforward. I'm not extremely empathetic, and I usually take a more logical approach to things rather than an emotion one. I guess I am quite creative, energetic and quirky. I consider myself loyal and easy-going in a friendship, and an artistic and creative person.

3. Have you ever been to a foreign country? Anywhere other than the one you would call home? If so, what are some interesting things you saw there?

I have been extremely privileged to have been able to travel to many countries, such as China, America, New Zealand, Mexico, South Africa, Israel, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore and Hong Kong. The most interesting things I've seen on my travels are the beautiful scenery, historical monuments and the amazingly diverse culture. It's always a pleasure seeing things I wouldn't normally see, such as snow.

4. What inspires you to write? A person, a place? Anything!

While one of the WW admins, Duck, first inspired me to write well-made fanfictions, my hate in my own writing usually inspires me to continue.

5. How old were you when you took an interest in writing?

I took an interest to writing as soon as I started school. While my creative writing was never as serious as it is now, I truly got into writing on a platform when I was about eleven when I decided to publish on wattpad.

6. Why did you choose your current username? Does it represent you? Does it have a story behind it?

My current username (SilverhawkWC) was simply chosen as nice username. While it doesn't represent anything, the WC part at the end is a shortening of Warrior Cats. I was originally going to be called SilvermaskWC, but I decided that I probably shouldn't put my (then) OC as my username.

7. Do you prefer to write fanfictions or spoofs?

Fanfictions. Non-serious spoofs are a pain to write, in my opinion.

8. Do you prefer to write a story in pencil on paper first? Or do you use a computer?

I prefer writing it on a computer, rather than on paper. Forgive my laziness, but I find it easier to do it on a computer.

9. How did you find Wattpad, and what about it was the reason you decided to stay once you found it?

I found Wattpad after one of my old friends mentioned that she had a fanfiction on it. I decided to stay after I had a huge desire to publish a book on it.

10. What is your favorite book on Wattpad, why is it your favorite, and would you suggest this book to others?

My favourite books on Wattpad would have to be Saving Sable [ SerenadingBlackbirds ], Crows [ PoppyTea ] or Mutations [ EmbracingYou ]. I highly recommend reading all three. I probably have other favourites, but I have forgotten whoops.

11. Who is your favorite author on Wattpad and why?

My favourite authors would have to be SerenadingBlackbirds, because of her unique and dark style of writing, or helloilovecats, because of her wonderful ideas and easy flow of words and chapters.

12. How did you find out about Warriors, and what made you stick to the series?

I found out about Warriors after my parents pointed the first book out while scrolling through the Kindle store. The uniqueness of the books plus the fact that it was writing by cats gave be the urge to finish them.

13. What is your favorite arc in Warriors? Why?

My favourite arc would have to be the first one, The Prophecies Begin. I love it's simplicity, and it's unique characters and plot. I also enjoyed reading from Firepaw's point of view.

14. What inspired you to write Warriors fanfiction/spoofs?

I was inspired to write a Warrior's Fanfiction after my old friend wrote one and encouraged me to do the same.

15. How many people do you know in person who also read Warriors?

Only two people, unfortunately. Only one other person has still maintained contact with me.

16. Who is your favorite character from the series? Why?

Unfortunately, I don't have a favourite character. While each character are amazingly written, I have always struggled to find a favourite that I could relate to.

17. What tips would you like to give to any aspiring authors?

Don't give up, remember to proofread and don't go with the status quo. While it may seem cliche, your writing will naturally evolve over time, and continuing to write will speed up the process. Additionally, the more unique a book's plot is, the better it usually is. To make your book popular, it's best to have a new, fresh idea. Lastly, a big turnoff in a book is spelling errors and other issues that can be solved by proofreading. Editing is a crucial part of a book.

18. What would you say is the most important when writing a story?

In my opinion, there are not just one 'most important' aspects. A mixture of a unique plot, correct grammar, chapter length and graphics are probably the most important when writing a story.

19. Tell us about any of your Warriors fanfiction(s), what it is about, and why we should read it.

My newest fanfiction, The Chronicles of Koipaw, is a series of my Scriptorial entries that make up a plot. Every chapter tells you more and more of a conspiracy that Koipaw, the main character, is living in. While it may seem vague, the plot covers the our protagonist's experiences through terrifying moons, and the backstory of what actually happened to lead up to the moment. This book is told in a unique, refreshing way, and involves many characters with depth and an eerie plot. I recommend you read it if you enjoy a distinctive plot.

20. Is there anything you'd like to say to your friends, fans, and readers? Any shout-outs to specific Wattpad members?

I hope you've enjoyed my interview! Thank you for reading, and I'd appreciate it if you checked out the Chronicles of Koipaw. Hopefully I will see everyone of you around on Wattpad one day. Again, thank you! <3