Interview :: TytoNoctua

Hey there! We're back again with another interview, and this time it's TytoNoctua, or Tyta.

1. What is your name? (optional)

I'll leave that one blank.

2. How would you describe yourself? (in three sentences or more)

I can blend into any crowd without really trying; it's nearly impossible for me to draw attention. But I also never talk to people, nor am I asked to join any sort of social events. I have been told I scare people with how I never smile and how calm I am in any situation. Not that I have no emotions, I just always have a straight face and am pretty dull.

3. Have you ever been to a foreign country? Anywhere other than the one you would call home? If so, what are some interesting things you saw there?

Never left the United States. Eventually I'll be able to afford to travel, but I have other things to worry about first. First place is defiantly a tour of all the WW II museums in western Europe.

4. What inspires you to write? A person, a place? Anything!

Mostly real life. Some situations are so much more complex than they appear. "How would it happen in the real world?" That's what I like to think about.

5. How old were you when you took an interest in writing?

I was writing since I was four. It was literally the only thing I did until I started gaming. Even now, I consider it one of my best skills

6. Why did you choose your current username? Does it represent you? Does it have a story behind it?

I picked a language and made a username based on it. I wanted something in Latin because I love Roman history. I also wanted a shorter name, since TytoNoctua didn't roll off the tounge (as Latin never does). So I go by Tyta, also.

7. Do you prefer to write fanfictions or spoofs?

I suck at comedy, and I'm not very funny in real life. I'll probably never write a spoof.

8. Do you prefer to write a story in pencil on paper first? Or do you use a computer?

I used to write in a notebook, but I didn't want anyone figuring out about my wattpad account. So I use writing apps and Google Drive.

9. How did you find Wattpad, and what about it was the reason you decided to stay once you found it?

I looked up the writing sites with the most traffic, and this came up. Also, fanfiction.net looks it's age (19 years), so I used this site first.

10. What is your favorite book on Wattpad, why is it your favorite, and would you suggest this book to others?

I've read a few fanfictions on Deviantart, but only a few here. I'd say it's "Icetail's Enemy" by LightningStrikeTC. Aside from the grammar errors, it felt like a Warriors book.

11. Who is your favorite author on Wattpad and why?

Couldn't say; I don't read enough fanfictions on this website to have a favorite. -Thunderheart- wrote a pretty compelling Animis chapter.

12. How did you find out about Warriors, and what made you stick to the series?

I read it while I was still in middle school. It was before it was finished, so a while ago. The potential fanfictions in my mind kept me around longer than I thought.

13. What is your favorite arc in Warriors? Why?

The Prophecies Begin. StarClan was the most mysterious then, and I felt it was exactly what Warriors is, except for mary sue Rusty/Firestar. He sucks.

14. What inspired you to write Warriors fanfiction/spoofs?

I wanted to go past the canon. See what happened if the clans tried that in an area that wasn't so excluded from the rest of the world. I basically write AU fanfiction, through and through.

15. How many people do you know in person who also read Warriors?

Just one, and he likes it more than I do.

16. Who is your favorite character from the series? Why?

Spottedleaf. She gave Firepaw/star just a hint of personality in that he would love her even after he was involved with Sandstorm.

17. What tips would you like to give to any aspiring authors?

I'd say write chapters off of Wattpad. You'll probably proof read them, giving you little to no grammar errors. Also, plan out your entire plot, beginning to end, before you start writing. You'll save yourself from continuity headaches.

18. What would you say is the most important when writing a story?

The dialogue. It's what I always focus on to make compelling conversations that can be as persuasive as possible, and to make sure the readers know the characters are driving the plot forward.

19. Tell us about any of your Warriors fanfiction(s), what it is about, and why we should read it.

I only have one right now, called "A Reign of Thunder and Lighting". It is AU, so it's not for everyone. It takes place during one of the most dangerous cities in the world during WW II, involving one mostly "scentless" cat who tries to find out why StarClan refuses to communicate to the city's clans. If you like sad stories about self-reflection and how characters deal with situations beyond their control, this one is for you. There is a sequel in the works.

20. Is there anything you'd like to say to your friends, fans, and readers? Any shout-outs to specific Wattpad members?

Always proofread your work... I don't have any friends to shout out. Aside from StarCatsMagazine. A shame they disappeared. Their goal of helping low view fanfictions was a good idea.