I was always torn between wanting my mother to be the type to rebel and show some bravery and to just put her head down and do what she was told. Sometimes, I would see her eyes flash. See the anger or the annoyance at being given orders but then she would close down, close the curtains on the room full of hurt and anger and independence. She managed well, never being punished publicly at all, I never had to witness anything horrific happen to my mother and for that I was glad.

Ms.Dawson sometimes gave us 'visual help' and her mate came in to the classroom and she pleasured him. It disturbed us all very deeply and one girl was brave enough to tell her parents.

She was close to her parents and didn't think they'd make a big deal out of it, just ask Ms.Dawson to stop. They didn't.

They called Ms.Dawson and told her what happened. The next day, she brought the girl to the front of the class and made her sit and watch everything up close while Ms.Dawson showed what she had to offer her mate.

That young girl was me. I never told my mother and father about anything again.

I felt sorry for Ms.Dawsons kids but there was nothing I could do. I found out the hard way at a very young age to just put your head down and get through it. My father had a strict no nonsense policy and believed that women were made to be below the man. Inside and outside of the bedroom.

"Sadly girls, there will be no visual today." The room breathed a sigh of relief, the tense air escaping our bodies. "There will be one tomorrow though, just you wait. I'm sure you're all very excited to please your mate." She winked at us and laughed.

We remained impassive. From what I'd seen Ms.Dawson do for her mate, I was nowhere near excited to do anything of that nature.

"You know, I'm going to tell you all a little story from the first few months of being mated." At this, we all became alert. We may not like what she says, but it is going to be our future and we need to get as many tips as possible. "My mate, he's a normal werewolf, ranked normally like all of you. I was a little disappointed, I wanted a mate who was possessive of me, never let me be with a normal male, refused to let me work. I thought it was all very exciting and hot, having a man kill a man looking at you." She shivered in delight, her cheeks flushed.

"I swore to keep in contact with every female, even if it meant disobeying him. Then I found him. I thought he wasn't going to be possessive enough, he was only a normal werewolf but then as we're walking home." She stops to take in an excited breath, her body is nearly shaking with eagerness. "A male walks out of the bar. He's unmated and drunk and I immediately put my head down. He slurs and stumbles his way towards us."

She perches at the edge of her desk, her excited gaze fixed on us. "I waited for my mate to apologize and drag me away but then he notices how close this male is to us and he doesn't like it. He lashes out, killing the male and then pulls me down so I'm straddling him and takes me in the middle of the street on top of the dead drunk man for everyone to see." She squeezes her legs together.

She fans herself with her hand and laughs. "It gets me excited every time I think about it."

I look over at Lucy and she looks back at me, her face is calm but her dark eyes are screaming disgust and fear. My face probably looks the same. After years with Ms.Dawson, we have learned to keep our faces impassive and blank but our eyes always gave us away. She was like a hawk, watching and waiting to attack and prey on our weaknesses.

I've sat next to Lucy for over five years now and enjoyed talking to her. She was kind and observant yet had a stubborn and rebellious streak in her that has shown itself a few times. She had tanned skin and long black hair that went to her waist.