51

The next day niall finds himself walking down the busy school corridor with mixed emotions. He is feeling utterly confused and kind of numb, he is just not happy – is all he knows. And he really wants to be , but he has this dread feeling coiling in his stomach as he thinks about last night he spent with Harry after leaving the club and today morning waking up to a note on his pillow.

He wants to be really angry with Harry , angry for not showing up to the party , angry because he knows something is up with him and he is not trusting Niall.

But more than angry he feels sad , he feels like a failure – like he has somehow failed Harry, that he didn't even thought of coming to him for some comfort and letting him know what is bothering him. He knows he is not all that perspective or wise, thinking in all directions but he can be a very good listener and a shoulder. Also , don't you always go to the person who understands you the most , who you care about the most and who you trust in more than yourself when you need someone. And the fact that Harry is not coming to him hurts him. But he is ready to bare it because he knows atleast Harry is not going to someone else' as selfish as that sounds, he wants to be that person.

Atleast he hopes he is not going to someone else.

His fist curls into the corners of his dark blue skirt as he looks in every direction for the sign of his boyfriend. His mind spinning last night over and over as he walks. He doesn't know what came over to Harry , he loves to party but he doesn't show up and then , when he finally arrives – which is pretty much after hours he doesn't want to be there . He doesn't want to even say goodbye's to their friends – Niall had to text them after reaching home that they had to go. Which Niall thinks, is so not Harry.

His thoughts leads him to the way Harry was behaving the entire road and even the club , looking over his shoulders so many times . It was as if he was afraid to be seen , but from whom ? He has no idea.

And then he gulps thinking as he passes classes that are already started at the way Harry behaved last night , or rather how he distant he is being for some days now, since their anniversary.

Sometimes Niall feels he is not in the same room as him , the way he is spaced out . The way he looks as if he is carrying the burden of the entire planet on his shoulder. And Niall wants to help him , even though he is hurting by his strange – distant behavior , even though all he need s from his boyfriend is some love he wants to be there for him and help him . But Harry is not having any of it , just like last night.

Niall sighs at the way Harry had brushed him off practically shouting at him to let it go and scarring him as he didn't even had a drink. Niall had then entered their shared bedroom little timidly and only calmed when Harry had pulled him into a cuddle and snored away.

He pushes past the other people making his way over to the class he had with Harry. He had no intentions of attending the lecture – which is first for him and neither he wanted to speak to harry. All his paranoid brain wanted to know harry is in that class , attending the lecture. He slowly turns the hall , rushing to the class before quickly peeking in not wanting for the teacher to catch him. Although he knows the teacher will be concerned than angry watching him peek in the class without attending it.

His eyes scan every face in the class starting from the last row to the front pushing his glasses closer to his eyes as he tries to search for the familiar face.

With a defeating loss , as there is no sign of Harry in the class he walks back silently to the lunch.

.

.

.

The next few hours goes into him tutoring and attending the lecture with no sign or message from Harry. It confuses him a bit that none of the boys are to be seen as well but he just brushes it off.