Chapter Twenty Eight

I look over at her as Y/N laughs and splashes me back. I have my jeans rolled up to my thighs and we're both in the pond, my shoes on the side. I splash her again and she gets this smirk on her face. "Oh, you wanna play it that way, huh?"
Oh shit.
She picks up her tail and slams it down in between us. For a very thin tail, damn can that thing make a huge splash. Instantly, my top half that's out of the water is completely soaked. She's laughing so hard that she loses her footing and falls backwards into the pond. She looks up at me with wide eyes and I laugh as hard as she did. "Karma's a bitch, ain't it?" I remark. She snorts and just stands back up.

"We should probably get back. We've been here for like, two hours already. Haha..." I just genuinely smile and nod as we grab my stuff from the side of the pond, my shoes and hoodie, and make our way through the woods back to the mansion.

On our walk back, she flips her hair to one side of her and squeezes it, ringing out the pond water. She is still wearing that bandage that covers her breasts and her stomach a bit, as well as those shorts. Her hoodie must be back at the mansion. I could've sworn she had it with her.

Anyways, she looks at me and smiles. "That was fun." Then she giggles. I wonder if she's faking...I wonder if I'm actually making her happy right now or if she is just faking it to not bother me...there's also something else I still don't understand. I've kept quiet long enough, she has to talk some time.

"Y/N?" I ask, trying to get her attention. She takes her eyes off of the woods around us and looks at me instead. "Mhh?" I bite my lip.

"Who...is Jacob?"

All blood drains from her face as soon as I get the words out of my mouth, and she bites her lip. She sighs and opens her mouth but instantly closes it shut.
"Y/N...-"
"Just...a bully."
I grit my teeth. I hate the living hell out of bullies. "What did he do?" She looks over at me and stops walking. I do as well and face her. "A lot of things, actually. Slam me into lockers, call me names. He's left me bleeding on the side walk, he got his friends to kick the living shit out of me. He..." She trailed off and looks at the dirt, kicking a small stone. I get angrier and angrier as she tells me all these things that little cunt has done to her. What the hell, B.D., you said you wanted to protect her.
"...he's the reason my...-" She holds up her bandaged arm and my gaze goes to her lips... "-...condition has gotten this bad. He told me I'd never find love. That not even my family wanted me. That I'm a freak, a monster, a-" She gasps.
I've had enough.

I cut her off by slamming my lips onto hers.