t h i r t y - t h r e e

[Tuesday 3:30pm]

keith was standing outside of lance's school, he has been for the past almost twenty minutes. apparently lance had gotten detention for being caught on his phone. it was partially keith's fault too, but it didn't matter.

finally, lance was seen walking out the school, he walked over to keith and stuck out his tongue. "it is completely your fault i got caught."

"what? are you joking? you're the one who texted me first!" keith said with a slight scoff.

lance jutted out his lower lip and rolled his eyes. "yeah, yeah, you should've stopped me!" lance whine slightly.

keith narrowed his eyes and shrugged. "oh well." he hummed, walking in the direction of his apartment. there was a corner store near it, so he could buy lance a butterfinger, since apparently he never had one. keith thought it was dumb.

the two walked in silence, keith listening to his usual music playlist, and lance playing a game on his phone. when they reached the store they walked in and looked around. "oh! keith! buy me a pack of gummy worms too!" lance called out, pointing at the bags of gummy worms.

keith rolled his eyes, "what? no." he stated simply, grabbing three butterfingers. two for himself and one or lance, and if lance didn't like it, well, he'll probably eat that one too.

"but, babe! please?" lance whined, pulling out the 'babe' card. keith pursed his lips together, and felt his cheeks flush slightly.

he wanted to stand firm on his no, but goddamnit, lance was just too cute. "fine, whatever." he mumbled, grabbing a pack for him.

lance's eyes sparkled and he grinned widely. he walked over to keith and threw his arms around keith's shoulders from behind, whispering a low 'thank you'. keith felt a shiver go down his spine and his face heat up even more. apparently yes, the two were 'a thing' now, but keith still felt flustered by small affections like so.

"yeah, yeah.." he murmured, paying for the candies. the cashier seemed slightly confused for a second, before understanding.

"have a great day you two!" he said with a small smile.

keith and lance walked out and headed toward his apartment. keith took out a butterfinger and tossed it to lance. "eat it." he stated firmly.

lance threw him a mocking 'eat it' before opening it up and taking a small bite. he face was still for a second, but changing to that of a weirded out facial expression. "it's very crumbly." he muttered with a mouth full of crumbled a butterfinger.

keith let out a laugh and nodded. "yes, yes it is, but that's like, the best part."

"it's okay, but i probably won't eat it all." lance replied.

keith smiled lightly and rolled his eyes. "they are literally the best, okay? you, are insane." he said.

keith leaned over toward lance, taking a bite of the butterfinger right from lance's hands, his purple eyes gazing over to lance, only for him to smirk, and chew happily. lance kept walking, but was slightly taken aback. 'god fucking damnit,' lance thought, 'he's really freaking hot.'

the two finally arrived at keith's apartment, and he opened the door. a familiar looking lady walked out of a different apartment door, her brown eyes sharp and her brown hair pulled into a tight bun. "oh, it's you." she grumbled looking at keith. he just rolled his eyes, and lance looked over at her raising an eyebrow, her eyes looked over at him.

"and i see you've brought your little..." she paused, "friend? boyfriend? husband? i don't know, and i don't really care." she muttered, walking past the two of them.

"nice to see you too, brenda." keith grumbled in a sarcastic tone, going into his own apartment.

when they were inside lance broke out into a laugh. "wow, your neighbors seem like they really don't like you. or at least just this brenda person."

keith shrugged his shoulders. "she's a grump, she doesn't like anyone." keith said walking over to the couch and sitting down. lance took a seat next to him, and the room was silent for a bit.

"we have got to stop being awkward." lance stated into the silence.

keith let out a laugh, but nodded, placing his hand on his face. "yeah, i don't get why we're like this, not much has changed."

lance scoffed. "yeah, but you did kiss me."

keith rolled his eyes. "shut up already with it. it already happened." he mumbled, but a small blush rose to his cheeks.

keith pulled out his phone. it was a quarter till four. "pidge is coming over at five thirty, we were gonna study together for the chemistry exam coming up." he murmured.

lance laughed. "you sure you don't mean, copy all of their notes because they are a genius?"

"no..." he said hesitantly. the two laughed again, and began to fade into a small talk, until the topic of the kiss rose once again.

"why do you keep bringing it up lance?" keith said, crossing his arms.

"because, we have to talk about it, if we're gonna be a thing, you know." he stated.

keith pursed his lips together and gave a sigh. "well, i kissed you because it was kind of a heat in the moment thing, there we talked and it's over."

"are you serious? i meant like, will it happen again?" he asked, very slowly.

"why, do you want me to kiss you again?" keith asked, looking over at lance.

"well what if i did!" he responded, throwing his hands up in the air.

keith rolled his eyes and let out a groan. he was sick and tired if lance, and wanted to shut him up. he leaned over, and once again, the two boys were connected with a kiss.

+++
(;