s i x t e e n

[Monday 11:30am]

"you got fifteen minutes pidge." keith mentioned to the small inventor, who just rolled their and and shot small glares at the raven-haired male.

"yes, yes! i got that! i'm almost done, chill out mister space gay." pidge murmured.

keith pursed his lips together and also rolled his eyes. "what did i say about calling me that?" he asked in a plain tone.

"oh i dunno, not to call you that? well guess what? i don't care buddy boy." pidge said with a smug grin.

"haha very funny pidge." keith muttered sarcastically.

"yes." pidge said pausing for a moment to push up their glasses. "i am very funny."

keith clicked in tongue in slight annoyance but just rolled his eyes. keith looked over at the other two and their little project. he could see lance cheering on hunk and continuously supporting him.

he would deny it every single time someone asked him about it, but it was fairly cute to see lance being supportive like that. a small smile tugged at the corner of keith's mouth.

"oh my gosh. keith kogane, is that a smile i see on your face?!" pidge said having to remind them self not to shout.

keith quickly whipped his head around to look at his small friend. he furrowed his eyebrows together and pursed his lips together before almost bursting out. "w-what? no, of course not. you're definitely insane pidge." he said looking away once again.

pidge laughed slightly mischievously before turning back to their project. "are you sure? because, I could've sworn that i saw you smiling in that direction." they stated pointing toward where lance and hunk were sat at never taking their eyes off the project.

"no, no, no. just, no. that's crazy." keith stated crossing his arms.

"okayy keith. what you say goes right?" pidge said with sarcasm dripping from their words.

keith huffed slightly and turned his head away at a tilt.

"but." pidge said in the silence.

"i seriously think that if he's making you smile like that, he's a good guy. like come on, keith kogane the 'badass', but not really, smiling because of some random guy he met texting. that's an achievement and a half." pidge said with a chuckle finally tearing their eyes from the project and looking at keith.

keith locked eyes with pidge and frowned lightly. "what do you mean badass but not really?" he said looking a bit offended, but in a joking way.

pidge laughed and rolled their eyes. "i basically tell you to make out with the guy and you get stuck on my stepping on your badass record?!"

"yes, got a problem?" he said raising one of his eyebrows.

pidge sighed and shook their head. "well i was serious when i said it keith, and not just about you and your badassness."

"i know pidge. but it's not gonna happen. how about a deal? i'll never like him, but if i even think i do, i'll have to text you. in return you cannot call me spacegay until one, i like him and two, we start dating, which again, will never happen.." keith said with a smug look.

"i'll take you up on that keith." pidge said with a smile.

+++
i am so sorry for the long wait. this chapter was kind of just a bunch of filling. next chapter will be one more paragraph formatted type and then after that i'm going back to the text messages between out love birds.
also, this was supposed to be up last night, but i fell asleep super early because of all the candy i ate. happy day-late valentines ;) lmao