e i g h t

[Monday 6:40pm.]

it was so damn frustrating. lance kept asking for forgiveness, but keith just wasn't giving a shit. lance had felt really bad, he didn't know that keith didn't have a mother. well, that's what he's assuming it's about, him not having a mother. as much as lance begged, nothing. he wasn't even reading his texts anymore and that was the most frustrating part.

"lance!" a voice spoke out.

an older woman smacked lance on the head and she crossed her arms.

"ow! mama!" lance yelped, rubbing the spot where she hit him.

"you've been on your phone too much! why? you won't even pay attention to me when i speak, and i just served dinner, instead of eating, you are just staring at your phone blankly." she explained with a small frown.

"it's nothing..." he murmured walking over to where she had served him, sitting down and staring at his food.

"what do you mean nothing? it is not nothing." she said gently.

she moved next to him and placed her hand on his shoulder. lance continued to stare at his plate, now leaning his cheek on his left hand.

"lance, que pasa mijo?" she asked in a soft tone, a small frown crossing her features.

"mama, it's nothing, i'm fine." he said turning toward her and giving her the best smile he could.

she merely nodded slowly, doubt was still evident in her eyes. after a quick thanks of food, lance and his family began eating. his siblings talking loudly and laughing with each other. lance wasn't paying much attention, just the casual shrug and short laugh. that's when his phone lit up, signaling he got a text. he eyes shot open as he swiftly grabbed his phone, hoping that it was who he though it was.

[Monday 7:05pm.]

@theincrediblehunk: duude guess what!

lance rolled his eyes in slight annoyance, but responded to his friend anyway.

@bi_fry: what?

@theincrediblehunk: remember how i was trying to build that robot last week?

@bi_fry: yeah? what about it?

@theincrediblehunk: well, i just met this one person who totally one upped me! they built the robot like nothing! i'm slightly jealous, but it was so cool!

@bi_fry: really? someone better then you at mechanics?

@theincrediblehunk: yeah, but we're having a build next week, i'll definitely win. support me yeah?

@bi_fry: of course bud

@theincrediblehunk: also, how's your boyfriend?

@bi_fry: what?? i have a boyfriend?!! since when?!

@theincredible: yeah, what was his name, keith right?

lance stared at the most recent message from his friend, the tips of his ears slightly red. he rolled his eyes and puffed out his cheeks in a childish way.

@bi_fry: he isn't my boyfriend one, and two, he's just dandy, or not responding to me to say bluntly

@theincrediblehunk: sure he isn't one, and two, what?? why?? lance what'd you do!?

@bi_fry: i just may or may not have offended him this morning? it was by mistake! and i've apologized to him about a million times! he still won't respond and its pissing me off slightly, but i just want him to say something, anything!!

@theincrediblehunk: he'll respond to you eventually, just let him cool down for a bit

@bi_fry: you sure? what if he never responds to me? what if he never wants to speak to me again? what if i offended him really badly?

@theincrediblehunk: lance

@theincrediblehunk: calm down

@theincrediblehunk: he'll respond

@bi_fry: right. he'll respond, just needs some time...

@theincrediblehunk: yes, now i gotta go, mother's calling me, just keep calm and remember okay?

@bi_fry: yeah, i know, thanks hunk!

@theincrediblehunk: of course!

lance let a small smile cross his face, along with a sigh. he placed his phone down and started back on his food, a bit more light-hearted then before, and definitely more calm.

+++
hunk there to save the day 24/7 yee