s e v e n t e e n

[Monday 11:37am]

lunch was going to be over at eleven forty-five, and it was almost eleven forty. pidge and hunk both managed to finish there mini projects, and now had to show their 'masterpieces' to each other. keith had just now heard that it was some sort of boat, or something that just had to float on water. both hunk and pidge seemed happy with their results.

the group walked over to the stream nearby and they both placed their contraptions on the water.

"on the count of three, let it go." lance said.

pidge and hunk nodded and gave each other playful glares of rivalry. lance counted down from three, and when he said the last number the two of them let their boats go. pidge's contraption looked like it was mostly made from machinery, and motors or something to keep it afloat and keep it moving. hunk, on the other hand, was made of much more light materials, that definitely did float, and was more classic, it relied on the wind to push it forward.

the four of them sat and watched their boats float, and drift away. pidge's boat was getting farther faster, but it wasn't like hunk's wasn't getting anywhere. keith sat on the ground a couple feet from where the boats were, and kept his eyes trained on the boat, not looking anywhere but there, because if he did let his eyes wander they would probably be pretty distracted. of course, the distraction didn't like being ignored and sat itself right next to keith in the form of lance.

but keith wouldn't look over so easily, he made sure to keep lance out of his peripheral vision, an focused solely on pidge's boat. keith didn't like lance and pidge's would be wrong for once. lance could obviously tell that keith was not gonna pay attention to him, so he went with his natural lance-like instinct to get someone's attention. he leaned over, really freaking close, and put his head on keith's shoulder, just laying there.

keith purses his lips together and turned his head in the opposite direction a bit more, his face gaining more color, but he managed to keep himself under control. lance pouted slightly and shuffled even closer, basically smooshing himself against keith. keith finally turned his head toward lance and rolled his eyes. "want do you want lance?" he asked.

"i thought it was obvious, your attention. this is the first time i've seen you, come on!" lamce said with a small pout.

"i'm literally no different then i am over text. and didn't you say i was an ass?" keith said raising one eyebrow.

"well yeah, but that doesn't mean i don't wanna get to know you!" lance said with a grin.

keith was about to open his mouth to disagree when he saw pidge glance at him with a smirk. keith rolled his eyes and he got up from his spot on the ground, moving lance in the process.

"noo, sit downn!" lance said in a fake whiny voice patting the ground beside him. keith felt the tip of his ears got hot as he turned away. "but i'm gonna go and support pidge over there." he said mocking the tone of voice he did and walking over toward pidge.

"enjoying your honeymoon?" pidge asked as soon as keith was near.

keith rolled his eyes and just ignored the comment, making his eyes go back to the boat. lance on the other hand went up to hunk and began doing some more cheering. lance walked up to the stream and leaned over, watching the boats float away. pidge smirked slightly and put his finger up in a way to make sure keith was quiet. pidge walked toward lance and then, they pushed him right into the water!

"oh my god! dude! i had my phone on me!" lance said with a pout.

"don't worry, i nabbed it before hand." pidge said taking his phone out of their pocket with an innocent smile. hunk and keith both burst into a fit of laughter, clutching their sides with joy.

"oh please." pidge murmured to them self. "i'm not finished yet." pidge said, a smirk once again crossing their features. they walked behind keith, first pulling his phone out his back pocket and continuing to push him into the water.

"oh would you look at that. landed right on lance, oops!" pidge said with a smile and a shrug.

keith held out his arms on instinct to make sure he wouldn't hit the bottom of the small stream with his face. instead he was face to face with lance, noses about an inch away from each other's. lance's blue eyes reflecting almost like the water below them. keith immediately blew up in flames, figuratively, of course. his face beaming heat, coloring flushing into it. the two didn't say anything, or move at all, they were both afraid to. instead they just kept looking into each other's eyes, until the sound of talking broke the trance.

"they landed on the boats! oh no!" hunk said with a bit of disappointment laced through his voice.

pidge patted hunk on the back. "don't worry, it's fine. we should do this again sometime! it was fun! i love how you made the design classic." pidge said with an innocent smile, as if nothing had ever happened. the two walked away exchanging compliments and improvements for each other's creation while leaving lance and keith where they where. they both went to move, but when they noticed each other moving they both stopped.

"i-was-" keith tried speaking, but it just came out in parts of any full sentences.

lance just stood there for a few more moments, until he finally snapped out of it. subconsciously, lance let the more flirty side of him get ahold. "you what? were about to just leave me alone here?" he said in a low voice, bringing his face closer that their noses actually did brush by each other's.

that sent a shiver all the way down keith's spine, and made him nearly go insane and if he was gonna tell the truth, it felt like he was electrocuted with a 1500 voltage, which would kill him normally, but this just made his heart beat out of his chest. keith wanted to answer back, or fire back an insult, but he just couldn't get his lips to make words. lance grinned and raised one eyebrow.

"you aren't gonna answer me?" he said, jutting out his lower lip slightly and tilted his head to the left. keith probably would have lived to see another day, but after hearing a familiar voice, he thought he might as well just drown in his embarrassment.

"keith! pidge said you didn't come back from the park near the school, class started alre-dy, oh..." shiro's voice called out for keith, and stopped when his eyes landed on the two, still sitting in the water. lance and keith both turned their heads to the side to see shiro standing there with crossed arms and a unreadable expression on his face. now they both seemed pretty embarrassed.

keith finally jumped back and landed far from lance. he looked up at shiro and waved nervously. "uh, hey, haha..." he said looking down and away.

"i won't ask now, but we are talking about this later." shiro said, his expression still pretty unreadable.

keith pursed is lips together and nodded, the red never leaving his face. lance was also a bit embarrassed, and his face had a tint of pink dusted over it. the two of them stood up, both soaking wet from just sitting in the water.

"you should probably both go home and change out of that, ill tell both schools that something came up." shiro stated crossing his arms. both males nodded their heads and walked off in a similar, but not the same direction. shiro shook his head, and after they both left, he let out a small laugh. "oh dear." he murmured.

+++
wow look who updated after a million years :)
the gays are back and happy!! i literally took the longest break (not really) and i am back! i am super sorry! i can't say that it won't happen again, because knowing me, it will haha i hope that you are all still here with me, and i wouldn't blame ya if not. sorry again :( ily all, and all the nice and funny comments make me laugh so much, keep at it guys, it really helps me want to write! also, i have another klance story, so if you're interested in that go take a peek at it, it's good, i promise
also, pidge knows exactly what they are doing 👌🏼👌🏼