t w e n t y - e i g h t

[Monday 5:34pm]

"who's first?" shiro asked when they got to the ferris wheel. There were four carts awaiting their pairs, and there were only three groups. lance was the first to speak up.

"oh! me and keith!" he stated with a grin

the group looked at each other all raising their eyebrows and smiling slyly. "yeah, sure why not?" shiro said, gesturing for them to get into the first cart of the ferris wheel. the two of them went in and the person explained that the red button was for emergencies. the two other pairs got in the two carts behind them.

"this is gonna be a great view!" lance said as soon as the cart started to move. keith simply just nodded in agreement, looking outside as the cart moved up slowly. the sun was still in the sky, but was lowering as time was getting late. the orange horizon starting to darken.

"you are really boring do you know that?" lance said with a laugh following afterward.

"me? I'm trying to enjoy the view, you keep talking." he said rolling his eyes, but a playful smile flickered across his face.

"there you go again, being an asshole babe." lance sighed, smiling lightly.

the two let out a small laugh and keith shook his head. "i'm not your babe."

"you didn't say anything about it before." lance said with a grin.

"because even if i did that wouldn't've stopped you." keith answered back with a shrug.

"yeah, it wouldn't have." he hummed lowly.

the two sat in silence now. just looking out the window. the cart then came to the first stop. they were somewhere around the side, probably about ten feet off the ground. lance looked over at keith, who was staring out the window.

"sorry." he mumbled.

keith looked over at lance, raising his eyebrow and tilting his head. "for what?" he asked.

"i was just thinking about that dick move i did weeks ago." lance said, his eyes averting away.

keith thought about it for awhile when it hit him. when lance was taking about his own mother, alongside the fact that keith didn't have a mother. a foster one yes, but he wasn't ever at their house, he lived alone. "oh yeah. it's fine, really. i forgave you so long ago." he said with a small laugh.

"and i'm sorry for being annoying. and that time i just walked into your apartment at like one in the morning." lance said, spilling apologies from his mouth.

keith let a smalls mile pass his lips as he shook his head. "and again, you are forgiven lance. seriously, why are you apologizing all of a sudden?" keith asked again.

"i don't know, just felt like it." he said in a low voice.

keith rolled his eyes. "well enough of it already, i forgave you and it's done." he stated.

"why do you forgive me so much? i was a stranger to you not too long ago you know."

"well, you aren't anymore. we're friends now. don't you know that, or are you dumb?" he said with a slight smirk.

"maybe." lance hummed quietly.

keith huffed and leaned closer to lance, raising his eyebrow. "why are you  acting like this?"

lance looked at keith, getting a bit startled at the closeness. he looked away again and shook his head. "nothing i just wanted to say sorry. i feel like i'm annoying." he said, leaning back slightly.

keith let out a small laugh and sat back in the seat again. "you are, but that's what makes you amusing." he stated.

lance scoffed and rolled his eyes, a smile appearing across his face. "haha, very funny."

"seriously! though, you can cut it out with the whole babe situation." keith said with a grin.

"if you want me to stop, then i will... never, because you are my babe keith." lance said, grinning.

"i'm not your babe."

"yes you are."

"no, i am not."

"yes you are~!"

"no i'm not!"

"why do you keep denying our love?" lance asked with a pout.

"because it doesn't exist lance." keith answered.

"it would if you believed it." lance stated in a sing-song voice.

"well i don't." he shrugged.

lance sighed and slumped down in his seat. the cart started to move again. he then sat up right, and leaned forward toward keith, who raised his eyebrow. "what are you doing?" he asked, but got no answer.

lance was inches away from keith's face, no emotion seeping though. keith started to get hot and went to push lance away like always, but lance just grabbed his hands and put the back down.

"lance you're-" he started, but stopped when he saw lance's face.

lance was frowning slightly, his eyes were glistening, but only slightly, if lance weren't so close keith probably couldn't have been able to tell. "sorry." lance stated again, his voice in a low whisper that keith almost missed it.

"why? i told you that-"

"no, i'm sorry in advance. i am annoying yes, but i get worse you know. i'm sometimes clingy, i always need to be reassured of friendship. i cry a whole hell of a lot. maybe i should just leave you alone, maybe that's what's for the best..." he murmured, his blue eyes looking down and away.

keith stared at lance, no words yet leaving his mouth. he pursed his lips into a thin line, breaking the grip lance had on his hands and placed them on either side of his face.

"lance, just shut up. you are crazy, of course that's not for the best! are you insane? we are friends now whether you like it or not." keith said.

lance let a small smile pass his lips. "i'm really annoying."

"i know."

"i will text you a whole lot from this moment on."

"like you haven't already." keith said with a laugh.

"you will probably be having a lot of late night visits from me. my, brother, is staying at the house for a couple months..." he murmured.

"it's okay."

lance looked back up at keith, his blue eyes shining. the cart stopped for the second time, this time they were around the top of the ferris wheel. he let a wide smile pass his lips as a laugh escaped his mouth.

"thank you, for just existing..." he mumbled in a low voice.

in that moment, keith just grinned and nodded, hands still on either side of lance's face. and in that moment, only one realization passed by keith's mind.

shit.

+++
hi yes I know, I'm evil, but so kind and giving at the same time
no kiss, but, Keith did realize something ;)

also, idek know how, but I get like 50+ votes in under 24 hours, how does that happen idek. thank you guys so much for giving me 32k+ views and over 2k votes, it really means a lot!! and I'm so shook lmao

stay tuned for the next chapter! hope you guys enjoyed!! vote/comment your feelings about this chapter!! :))