Prologue

*3rd Person*

"You're all out of your minds if you think some liquor-fueled one night stand – no offense, sweetheart – means a thing to me," Nik laughed, looking over at Hayley.

"Marcel may be able to keep us from practicing real magic in this town, but as Keepers of the Balance, we still know when nature has cooked up something new," Sophie admitted. "For example, I have a special gift, of sensing when a girl is pregnant." Her eyes shifted from Nik to Hayley.

"What?" Nik's face dropped.

"I know. It's impossible," Hayley chimed in and Nik turned to look at her.

"What are you saying?"

"Niklaus, the girl is carrying your child," Elijah revealed.

"No. It's impossible. Vampires cannot procreate."

"But werewolves can," Sophie reminded him. "Magic made you a vampire, but you were born a werewolf. You're the Original hybrid. The first of your kind and this pregnancy is one of nature's loopholes." Nik grew angry, moving towards Hayley, but Elijah pulled him back.

"You've been with someone else. Admit it!"

"I spent days held captive in a freakin' alligator bayou because they think that I'm carrying some magical miracle baby. Don't you think I would've fessed up if it wasn't yours?" Hayley's voice was firm.

"My sister gave her life to perform the spell she needed to confirm this pregnancy. Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, the lives of this girl and her baby are now controlled by us." Both Hayley and Elijah were surprised by this. "If you don't help us take down Marcel, so help me, Hayley won't live long enough to see her first maternity dress."

"Wait, what?" Hayley's eyes filled with fear.

"Enough of this, if you want Marcel dead, he's dead. I'll do it myself," Elijah suggested.

"No, we can't. Not yet. We have a clear plan that we need to follow and there are rules."

Nik turned to face them, finally speaking up, "How dare you command me, threaten me with what you wrongfully perceive to be my weaknesses! I won't hear any more lies." He went to leave, but a voice stopped him.

"Niklaus." He turned to look at the new-comer, eyes widening in shock.

Okay, I know you've already read this part, but here it is again

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2017.