EIGHTEEN⤷ reality

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Penelope walked to the door, her eyes were covered in mascara from crying. She twisted the door knob and saw Ethan there, a bruise on his cheek and a cut on his lip.

"I'm so sorry." Ethan sighed "I should've listened to you, god I'm a fucking idiot."

"I know you are. Come in and let me clean your face up."

The two walked through the house to the kitchen, Ethan snarled when he was kit on the sofa.

Penelope decided not to say anything to Ethan regarding what had just happened though. He was more important right now.

Penelope sat on the kitchen counter and Ethan stood in front of her. She dabbed his face with a wet cloth. She wasn't really a medical expert so she just assumed water would do the job.

Out of the corner of her eye, Penelope saw Kit roll his eyes and walk out of the door.

Thank Goodness thought Penelope, letting out a huge sigh.

"What's wrong? Is it him? Did he do something?" Ethan frowned, looking at Penelope's sad face. "He did something, didn't he?"

"Ethan. Just stay here, with me, I need you here." Penelope let out a breath, beginning to cry. Ethan didn't hesitate to hug her.

"Anyway, congratulations."

"What for?"

"The job. I guess I'll be seeing a lot more of you." Ethan smiled. "I hope so anyway." He added.

"I'm sorry Ethan, for telling your mum, what happened to you?" Penelope asked, gently stroking his wounds.

"My mum is out for a few days and well my dad found out I told her, turns out he doesn't care if my mum leaves him, he just wants to be able to hit me when he wants."

"That is some messed up shit, you didn't listen to me last time so you will this time, you're not going home again Ethan."

"Sorry for not listening to you, I hurt you so I wanted to punish myself. I would go through what I went though a million times for you." Ethan smiled at Penelope and leaned in to kiss her. She quickly pulled away, not being able to stop herself from crying.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just overreacting as usual." Penelope wiped her tears and jumped down from the counter, walking away.

Ethan hugged her from behind. "Nell, we gotta trust each other."

"I can't trust anyone, Kit just proved that, he was my co-star for five fucking years, and my brother in law for a while too. I just want to be sick."

"Did he rape you?" Ethan clenched his teeth.

"Not quite. But I feel disgusting regardless."

"He.. I'm going to kill him!" Ethan ran out of the door, leaving Penelope in shock standing against the wall.

"Fuck." Penelope whispered to herself, sliding her back down to wall and crying into her knees when she heard a text come through.

...

kit
I'm sorry, I hope we're cool.

penelope
no we're not anything. never message this number again, or the cops will be on your ass. I mean it. Then maybe we'll see the prison sentences for sexual assault.

...

But Penelope lied, she wasn't letting Kit of the hook, she was calling the police as soon as she pressed send on the text message. She was going to help Ethan too, she just had to do this first.

"Hello, my name is Penelope Kenney, I am calling to report sexual assault. His name is Kit Harrington.."

[ 01.09.17 ]