TEN⤷ reality & texts

CHAPTER TEN

Nell didn't do much that day, she had the occasional nap between binge watching riverdale but besides that, nothing. Emma and Ethan were at work, so were Nell's parents. Lucy was out, which left Nell with nothing to do and nobody to do it with. This was until she heard the irritating sound of the doorbell fill the room.

Nell grasped the door knob and turned it, before pulling it open to see a very familiar face looking back at her, dead in the eye.

It was Kit.

"Nell." He said breathlessly, "Look, I should have come sooner I just-"

"Didn't give a shit?" Nell asked, an eyebrow raised, before pushing the door shut. But not before Kit caught it.

"Of course I give a shit, we were friends Nell."

"Key word: were. You, them, everyone back there, they don't mean shit to me anymore. Not one of you have even decided to ask me how I am since being dumped and completely humiliated." The female felt tears building up in her eyes, but she ignored them and looked Kit dead in the eye "Don't come back here ever again. Alone or not, I will get a restraining order."

"But Nell, I miss you."

And with that, Penelope let the tears out.

Kit stepped into the house to give Penelope a hug, which she didn't attempt to stop. She had missed Kit too, but he abandoned her. Friends aren't supposed to do that, right?

Penelope pulled out of the hug.

"How did you even find me?" She asked and Kit smiled. "Emma."

Penelope just managed to force out a laugh.

"She knew that deep down you'd want me here." Kit said, his large ego shining through, forcing Penelope to roll her eyes.

"I'm making coffee, I fucking need it." Penelope walked in, not looking behind her, but hearing the noise of the door shutting after her and footsteps behind her.

"Who said you could come in?"

"Me."

Hours later Nell heard the doorbell ring again, this time she ran to it, thinking it was Emma or maybe Lucy. But as she opened the door she saw Ethan, with a bra dangling from his finger.

"This yours?" He asked Nell and she quickly went red, she had left it there when she stayed.

"Oh-um, yeah.. thank you" Penelope quickly took the bra under her arm, wondering how many girls Ethan has in his house for him to not be sure who the bra belonged to. Maybe it was just an excuse to come to her house, who knows?

"So-" Ethan said stepping up into the house.

"N-no, you can't come in. It's a mess." Nell wanted to avoid Ethan having to meet Kit, Kit would try and embarrass her and Ethan would have questions.

"I don't care, I might even help you tidy." Ethan walked in leaving Nell at the door. "It's not a m-NELL THERES A DUDE ON YOUR COUCH!"

"I know, that's Kit. My exes brother. Kit, Ethan. Ethan, Kit." Penelope said after walking into the room where the confused boys were stood.

"You moved on quick." Kit whispered which Ethan heard.

"If you're going to attempt to slut-shame her, I will break your fingers." Ethan said boldly, raising his eyebrows. A look in his eye that Nell was slightly spooked by. "No, she's not my girlfriend, but if she was, that wouldn't be a problem. Would it?"

"No, I was just saying." Kit lifted his hands up in surrender as Nell stood in complete shock, she never expected Ethan to do that for her. But she was glad he did.

Hours later...

penelope
thank you, for standing up for me, but you didn't need to.

ethan
that's just what people do for others when they care about them

ethan
don't worry about it too much, get some sleep it's late.

[ 28.06.17 ]

NOTE📝 hey everyone, if you're still reading this book, thank you for being patient and I hoped you liked this update. Also, thank you for 9k!

If you're confused who Kit is, he plays Jon Snow on Game of Thrones, he's the brother of Nell's ex and used to be one of her best friends.

IF YOU HAVE ANY BOOKS YOU'D LIKE ME TO TAKE A LOOK AT, PLEASE COMMENT AND IF I LIKE IT I WILL VOTE ON IT BECAUSE THIS IS MY FIRST BOOK THAT HAS ACTUALLY DONE QUITE WELL AND ID LIKE TO HELP OTHERS GET TO A POINT WHERE THEY FEEL PROUD OF THEIR WORK, THANK YOU.