SIXTEEN⤷ texts

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

ethan
my mum called, she told me what you said to her. how could you do that to me? I know I didn't tell you to keep it a secret but I kinda thought you'd already know I didn't want you to tell anyone. especially my mum, the one person you know I'm not allowed to tell. You've completely put me in danger now, and I don't think you understand how serious this is to me.

ethan
Nell, I really thought we were getting somewhere. I thought I was finally falling in love with someone I trusted with my whole life. But now, I don't know what to even think.

penelope
ethan, listen, I love you, and it's because I love you that I have to do everything in my power to try and protect you. I wasn't completely sober when I sent that message but you know what they say about a drunk mind.

penelope
I am so incredibly sorry for interfering, I just had to do something Ethan and I wasn't being given many options. Ethan please stay at my house again tonight, or Dylan's, whatever you want, I just want you safe.

ethan
I get that you're sorry but that's just not really enough. And I think we both know that I'm safer at home than with you. Penelope, to say it in the nicest way possible, I don't think we should be together or even be friends right now. And yes you did have options, talk to me about it first. You did that totally without asking.

ethan
And by the way, I told my mum you were lying and I'm staying at home tonight.

[ 29.08.17 ]