ELEVEN⤷ texts & reality

CHAPTER ELEVEN
WARNING⚠️ ABUSE

ethan
how is everything at home?

ethan
stuff isn't good here.

ethan
I just want to drive and clear my mind.

ethan
do you want to come?

penelope
sure I'll come, it's like 4am but I'm awake too.

penelope
Text me when you get here and I'll come outside.

ethan
okay.

ethan
I love you
[MESSAGE DELETED]

...

Penelope grabbed a jacket and sat around. Ethan was kind and Penelope didn't feel like she needed to wear five pounds of makeup every time they met up. He accepted her for who she was.

Penelope's thoughts were interrupted by the familiar honking of Ethan's car horn. Walking out of the door, Penelope grabbed her small backpack, her phone and a stick of gum, placing it into her mouth before getting into Ethan's car.

"What's wrong?" Penelope asked, buckling her seatbelt.

"Nothing, I just fell, I have this huge bruise on my arm and it hurts. And my parents are being dumb. I just wish I was older, so I could be with someone that actually loved me."

"Someone that loves you might be already here, you're just too occupied with life that you don't realise." Penelope spoke, letting out a small giggle after "My mum told me that when I was younger."

"Your mums cool."

"I guess."

And with that the two drove off into the dark sky.

The car came to a stop when the car ran out of gas.

"Fuck! I didn't fill up my damn gas!" Ethan said, clearly frustrated, attempting to start up his car. But nothing was happening. He slammed his fists angrily against his steering wheel and visible tears were building up in his eyes.

"Hey, it's gonna be fine.. don't worry." Penelope tried to calm the boy down, but he was livid.

"No it's not, my dad will kill me."

"He won't, he-"

"Yes he will, Nell. The bruise on my arm wasn't put there by me falling at all. And it isn't even the worst he's done to me. My mum doesn't know but I'm not allowed to tell her I just. I'm sorry, I know you only came out for a good time and I've ruined every chance with you, I thought I had. But whatever. It's done now. Just do a nice speech at my funeral, kay?" Ethan said before getting out of his car and slamming the door, making the whole car shake.

Penelope was shocked, and upset, and angry, and clueless. But her first instinct was to get out of the car and comfort Ethan, he was one of her best friends and he needed her. So that's what she did. She got out of the car and sat down next to where he sat, legs crossed at the side of the road.

Ethan went to move, but Penelope grabbed his hand before he could, and hugged him. It was the sweetest, most meaningful hug Penelope ever gave. She was truly hurt that somebody would want to hurt Ethan and was going to do everything in her power to make sure they paid for it.

Ethan pulled from the hug, stroking his cheek with hers. All that could be heard was the pairs synchronised breaths as they felt each others skin brushing against their own. It was like a movie scene.

"Penelope." Ethan spoke soft. "I only want one thing right now. Not to get justice on my father, not for my wounds to heal, but to kiss you. Is that okay?"

[ 29.06.17 ]

NOTE📝 the next chapter will not start off with the ending of this chapter, so you'll just have to decide what you think happened. But all will be revealed soon.

Did this chapter make up for all that time I left you guys without an update?

LIKE I SAID IN THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER, IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY UNDERRATED BOOKS PLEASE COMMENT AND I'LL DO MY BEST TO CHECK OUT YOUR WORK!