Chapter 38 Wandering Soul

Chapter 38

Wandering Soul

“Ojou-sama… why did you behave like that?” Claude asked as he gently laid Sakura unto her bed.

She sits up.

“Shirimasen (I don’t know).”

[Sighs]

“Are you concern for…..” Claude couldn’t bring himself to say his nemesis’ name. “Sebastian?” There he said it.

“Of course… that’s why I’m mad.”

“Are you enduring?”

Sakura’s POV

“What?”

“Good things don’t always happen, you can’t avoid the unwanted things by pushing them away. Right?”

“I don’t get you Claude.”

“I think it’s best for you to find out yourself.”

“You’re stating riddles again.” I giggled. He smiled.

“I love you, Sakura.”

I froze. This is the first time I heard him say my name…

“Y-Y-You’re too direct.”

“Isn’t that a good thing?”

“Moh……. Yamete kudasai.”

“Sakura.”

I blushed.

Claude groans inwardly. “Oh why do you have to be so cute? It makes it impossible for me not to kiss you.”

“You sound cute.” I mused.

He chuckled.

“I’m going somewhere, do not follow me. That’s an order!” I changed the topic.

“I’ll accompany you.”

“Nah… I’ll be fine.”

Claude’s POV

It’s been two hours, thirty minutes and forty-five seconds since the departure of my beloved Sakura. No one’s allowed to go with her. Michaelis on the other hand was prettily devastated since he can’t go near her. Serves him right.

His lips twitched with suppressed mirth.

“See you’ve changed…”

I turned around. “See you haven’t.”

Hannah Annafellows a fellow demon, the maid of Alois Trancy emerged from out-of nowhere. “What does that little flat-chested girl have that you and Sebastian are soooo head-over-heels with her?!”

“I guess that’s what you call love.”

“You what?!” she exclaimed in terror.

“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? it makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and opens your heart and it means someone can get inside you and mess you up. But that’s what I’m glad about.”

“Love?” She smirked. “It will kill your heart and steals your soul.”

“I don’t mind.”

“If you love her so much, go to bed with her! That’ll snap you out of it! You’ll see she’s just an ordinary girl.”

“I’ll never do that to her.” I calmly replied.

“Claude-san……….”

“As long as I lived, I’ll never do that to her.”

“And you won’t mind, other men having her? She’s not a doll.”

“It will be her choice. It will hurt of course but that hell is what I dream of.”

“You’re a strange man.”

Because I love her….. I’m prepared to suffer. I love the happiness and the suffering… because the only emotions I feel… are the ones she granted me.

A moment of happiness.

An eternity of suffering.

I want to take my last breath… wrapped in her tender thorns.

Sebastian’s POV

Going against my master’s order is unforgivable but it is nothing compare if I let anything bad happen to her. So, I followed her.

She is standing next to her parent’s graves…..

Her cool attitude was a mask the truth is that…. She’s lonely…… afraid to love and be loved. Carrying all of her problems on those fragile shoulders of hers.

“When I was young I used to think that the world was a happy place. Then I learned the truth: that nothing is fair and everything you love gets taken away.”

Her words still rang in my ears.

“I thought I told you not to follow me.”

Her eyes found mine. I give my best ever seductive smile that makes mortal women swoon.

“Stop smiling like that. You look like a stupid dog.”

She’s different from the rest.

“I can’t let anything bad happen to you and I am deeply sorry for not telling you my past.” I slowly walked towards her and since I am taller than her, she literally looks up at me.

“I don’t even know what’s true or not about you.”

This is the first time, I could sense hurt in her eyes, her voice, her words. I grabbed her hand and kneeled down. “You’re right everything about me is fake….. But there is one truth you don’t know…………”

I kissed her hand and looked up, her eyes are swelled from holding back those tears to escape.

“I have always been in love with you… that’s why I only…. I only see you.”

She gasped. Eyes wide in shocked.

“Sebastian is asking for your forgiveness, fair lady.”

She just stood there, her expression did not change, she did not move. He reached out and stroked her jaw and chin in that affectionate gesture.

She could hear herself breathe, could feel the aura of his power, could smell his compelling, faint scent. She thought his gaze would absorb her.

He slid his fingers under her hair until they rested behind her ears and he cradled her face in his palms. “You are, and always have been my dream.”

“You’re not fair.” She tried not to look in his wonderful face, vainly seeking some safety from the uncontrollable and unnameable feelings. He stepped closer. Do not do this, she cried. But her trembling mouth would not speak. Stop him! Her mind urged desperately. But his closeness and gentle touch summoned that irrational yearning so long denied, so overpowering she could only hold her breath and watch the face bending down to hers.

“I don’t want to dream of you anymore. I want you for real.”