Chapter 19 Their Master, Wakes Up

Claude Faustus on the right side...........

Chapter 19

Their Master, Wakes up

Sakura didn’t see for a long time. But when she saw the light, it was a surprise. It was beautiful. Her eyes heavy. Is she dreaming or awake? It hurt to breathe but she did. She stared unblinking. “Sebastian.” Her voice worked. It sounded raspy but it was hers.

“Ohayo gozaimasu… Ojou-sama.”

He answered back. Maybe this was not a dream. “I’m not dead?”

“No.”

She hesitated before the next question. “You’re not dead either?”

He shook his head to emphasize. “No. I’m not dead either.”

“I’m glad.”

“I’m happy to hear it.”

She still had doubts. “Our contract…. Why didn’t you--- my soul…. What happened?”

“Don’t look back. It’s all in the past.”

He kissed her forehead. “Welcome back my lady.”

The door suddenly flew open. “You’re supposed to be talking to her, not taking advantage.” Claude scolded his fellow butler.

Claude’s POV

“Who are you?”

My master asked briefly after regaining her consciousness… she ahs a nice voice…. So refine… a real blueblood.

“Claude Faustus. Your new butler.” I bowed down.

“Atarashii shitsuji? Sebastian, what’s going on?”

He let out an exasperated sigh. “Claude-san and I form an agreement. He is also a demon.”

“I don’t remember making contract with him.”

“Well… as much as possible you must not concern yourself with that. After all, your soul is at stakes.” Claude butted in.

She stared at us then sighs.

“What will you do now Ojou-sama?” Sebastian Michaelis asked.

“Nothing. The people I need to revenge against are already dead. You two..!”

“Nani desu ka.”

“Whatever that agreement is just don’t let my name be sullied by it you silly demons.”

“Yes. My lord.”

“Yes. Your Eminence.”

“And change your response. ‘Yes, My Lady’ is enough.”

“As you wish.”

“Let’s go back to my mansion.”

Rosenburg Mansion….

“OJOU-SAMA!!!!!!” Finny and Maylene run towards her crying.

“Mattaku… you haven’t change a bit. Stop crying you two.”

“I’m glad you are safe, Ojou-sama.”

“Arigato, Kazuya.”

“O-Okaerinasaimase Ojou-sama.”

Sakura squared at her shoulder. “Snake.” She remarked.

“H-hai.”

“I’m glad you came!”

“Y-Yes. It’s my honor to be at your service.”

“You’ve gain weight and hmmm…. Kazuya’s taste of clothes is superb. You look good with that.”

“Arigato gozaimasu.”

Sebastian and Claude excused themselves while Claude caught Snake by the collar.

“Ojou-sama… who is that bespaectacled man with short hair and golden eyes?” Finny asked.

“Claude Faustus. My new butler.”

“I thought Ojou-sama rarely smiles?”

“She is. I think she has a soft spot with this kid.”

The butlers stared coldly at the poor footman. Snake is a young, relatively skinny male with short silvery white hair with a cowlick and slanted green eyes. He also appears to have scales in some part of his body. Snake’s cowlick tremble indicating he’s nervous (sometimes it stand straight when he’s startled).

“Well… Snake-kun?”

“I-I-I don’t have any ill intentions to Ojou-sama… it’s just that… despite my appearance.. she treats me like a family. She even took me in.”

Both butler sighs.

“I’ll go prepare lunch.” --- Sebastian.

“Don’t bother. I will do it.” --- Claude.

“Umm….. sumimasen…”

“NANDA?!”

“Agni-kun already prepared some with Chef Bard.”

“Agni?”

“Who’s that?”

“He is the servant of Prince Soma Asman Kadar. Ojou-sama’s betrothed.”