Chapter 11-Moste Potente Potion

Start from the beginning

  He reached for the doorknob, but immediately withdrew his hand from it as though he had burned himself.

  "What's the matter?" asked Harry.

  "Can't go in there," said Ron. "That's a girls' toilet."

  "Oh, Ron, there won't be anyone in there," said Hermione, coming over to the doorknob. "That's Moaning Myrtle's place. Come on, let's have a look."

  She opened the door and walked in, as Y/N followed her ignoring the huge OUT of ORDER sign that was hanging at the door.

  It was gloomy and depressing looking bathroom that they ever step foot on. The mirrors of every sinks were cracked and spotted, as the floor was damp and reflected the dull light of the candles burning down into their holders that was placed around the bathroom. The wooden doors of the stalls were flaking and scratched, while one of the stalls were hanging on it's hinges.

  They slowly walked around the bathroom, as Hermione and Y/N put their finger on their lips and slowly made their way to the end of the stall.

  "Hello, Myrtle, how are you?" said Hermione, politely.

  "Good evening, Myrtle," Y/N said, as they saw Moaning Myrtle floating on top of the toilet, picking a spot on her chin. She looked up and her eyes stopped on Harry and Ron, suspiciously looking at them.

  "This is a girl's bathroom," she said, looking at Harry and Ron suspiciously. "They're not girls."

  "No," said Hermione agreeing.

  "I just wanted to show them how er - nice it is in here," said Y/N.

  She waved along the cracked and dirty mirror and at the damp floor.

  "Ask her if she saw anything," Harry mouthed at Hermione.

  "What are you whispering?" asked Myrtle, looking at Harry, furiously.

  "Nothing," said Harry quickly. "We wanted to ask-"

  "I wish people would stop talking behind my back!" said Myrtle, in a cracked voice as her eyes filled with tears. "I do have feelings, you know, even if I am dead-"

  "Myrtle, no one wants to upset you," said Hermione. "Harry only-"

  "No one wants to upset me! That's a good one!" howled Myrtle. "My life was nothing but misery at this place and now people come along ruining my death!"

  "We wanted to ask you if you've seen anything funny lately," said Y/N quickly. "Because a cat was attacked right outside your front door on Halloween."

  "Did you see anyone near here that night?" said Harry.

  "I wasn't paying attention," said Myrtle dramatically. "Peeves upset me so much I came in here and tried to kill myself. Then, of course, I remembered that I'm - that I'm--"

  "Already dead," said Ron helpfully.

  Myrtle gave a tragic sob, she rose up in the air, and turned over at where her toilet was, she then dived headfirst into her toilet, splashing water all over them making them soaking wet, muffled sobs can still be heard from the toilet.

  Y/N browned loudly, as she looked down at her soaked Slytherin robe. Harry and Ron have their mouths open their eyes were at Myrtle's toilet, Hermione shrugged wearily and said, "Honestly, that was almost cheerful for Myrtle... Come on, let's go."

  The four of them walked to the door, Harry had barely closed the door on Myrtle's gurgling sobs when a voice made the four of them jump.

  "RON!"