Chapter 2.4

“634, I think that’s my number.” I said to Cody. It was the end of a great day. Emma had to go to the restroom and left me and Cody standing outside. We started talking and out of nowhere Cody asked my number.

“You think?”

“Yeah, I’m not so good at remembering things.” I started blushing and looked up at Cody. We were almost the same height, he was only like 2 inches taller I guess. Maybe less.

“Wait here for a second.” He ran away in to one of the buildings on the boulevard. We had already left the beach and walked around the boulevard for like an hour I guess.

He came back waving with a pen.

“Give me your hand.” I handed out my hand and he started writing on it.

I started giggling, I couldn’t help it my hand has some tickly spots.

“Here you go.” Cody said, still holding my hand. I looked at him trying to gave him a hint.

“Yeah I know I’m still holding your hand, I like it.” He said as response to my hint.

“Well I think, I don’t mind it.” I said not letting go of his hand. I had caught some hints today, OK maybe a lot but I didn’t mind. I like Cody he’s a real gentlemen.

A car started to slow down close to us and honked.

“That’s me. Say bye to Emma from me OK?”

“Yeah of course.” I said, he was still holding my hand. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and let go of my hand.

“Goodbye beautiful.” He grabbed his bike and walked over to the car. He putted it on the back of the car and waved on last time before entering the car. I waved back and heard Emma flushing the toilet.

“So where are we going to have dinner?” Emma was standing in front of me, she saw me waving and started waving with me. She was waving in al kind of directions cause she had no idea where to wave at.

“I had to say goodbye from Cody.” I had stopped waving and turned to her.

“OK thanks, was it a hard goodbye.” She said playfully

“Nah it was okay. So were to eat he?” I said trying to change the subject  

“Yeah I was thinking about a pizzeria?”  Emma had a serious addiction to pizza, don’t know how she got it.

“haha you and your pizza. Maybe you should marry the owner of a pizzeria.”

“Yeah maybe not, don’t wanna get to fat.”

I laughed and took her  by her arm, we started walking in a random direction.

I was so tired, I walked upstairs sat on my bed and almost fell asleep when out of the Sutton my mom walked in. She had been crying she looked like a panda and her eyes were totally red.

“Are you Ok?” I asked sitting up in my bed.

“No I’m not, Count Whisker died and you weren’t here. I mean you’re the worst daughter ever.” Yes my mom and dad called the cat Count Whisker and yes it was all my fault. But I was too tired.

“Sorry I guess.” She looked at me as if I had just murdered someone. So I did something else wrong to.

“You bet you are.” She looked kind of disappointed, like she wanted to have a fight. And then walked away.

“Mom?” she turned around.

“Yeah?” I swallowed.

“What are you going to do with the body?” Did that sounded wrong. She looked at me like it did. I closed my eyes not wanting to see her reaction.

After like five minutes I opened my eyes. She was gone.

I laid back again and took a deep sigh. I made that go smooth. This was a moment I loved myself.

I help my hands up in the air, trying to catch the butterflies that are painted on the ceiling of my bedroom.

I was eight and obsessed with butterflies, mom and I went out almost every weekend to go watch the butterflies in the park nearby fly into their free life. I have always been jealous of butterflies, they get to live two lives, they can fly away from their problems and they have no rules. When one day after a great afternoon me and my mom came home and dad had painted the ceiling with butterflies. He asked me to lay down beside him on my bed, I did and I saw the butterflies. “If I’m ever far away, just think of me like a butterfly. Free. And if you miss me, try to catch me like I’m a butterfly” he had put out his hand waving like a crazy guy. When he had told me that I had no idea what he was trying to say, but I so get it now.

I looked up to the butterflies, everyone of them had a different color and pattern. It’s what made them special, just like people they all have their own style. I saw the butterfly with the blue and green colors. That was my favorite because it had my favorite colors. That’s not a prejudice.

I looked down at my hands my nail polish was totally ruined, I turned my hands around and saw something written on my hand. OMG Cody I totally forgot, I’m so stupid. I ran downstairs and walked over to the kitchen, when I opened the cabinet with the cookies I saw my phone. OK that sounded really weird, I have no idea why but somehow when I go away and don’t need my phone I always put my phone on the cookies shelf. I grabbed my phone and typed in Cody’s number

To Cody:

I am an old woman and I need some new children for my soup, are you willing to volunteer?

*send* I laughed. I am so stupid, sometimes I just have random thoughts and they are most of the time really stupid but he they’re my thoughts.

I walked upstairs still laughing and made myself ready for bed. I’m going to sleep like a baby.