*Hoodie

"Then I guess we should just end it."

"Fine by me!"

-

Four months had gone by since the breakup.

Katie and Travis had gone their separate ways once they were old enough to get out of camp and into the the mortal world, exploring colleges and finding jobs. Their dreams of the future, however, were different and quite far from each other, promoting the breakup. The breakup no one wanted. The breakup no one expected.

-

It had been another long day for Katie. Her unfortunate 8 am class went too late (a quite riveting discussion on Oreo flavors distracted the class for about 30 minutes), she had to work a shift at her local flower shop she was not scheduled for, and her study group for one of her classes didn't focus on studying for their upcoming tests but rather studied their phones. To say the least, Katie was fed up and tired. All she wanted was sleep.

Once she got cozy in her bed, her dorm buddy came in with a few friends and woke her up. Great, just great.

After they left, Katie still couldn't sleep. She had tried everything from listening to nature sounds to reading a book to drinking warm milk. Knowing there wasn't any other choice, Katie walked over to her closet and dug out the old, ratty piece of fabric. She put it on and sighed. Whatever works, right?

Katie went back to bed and fell asleep, thinking of the good times.

-

Travis and Katie decided to have their first date on the beach awhile back. The picnic that Travis put together blew Katie away. She had underestimated his effort for the date.

As the night went on, the moon appeared along with the cold. Travis, however, gave his hoodie to Katie as soon as she started to shiver.

"Have I told you look really cute right now?" Travis smiled. The hoodie went down to the middle of her thighs while the extra sleeve length was flapping around in the wind, causing Katie to look like a bird.

Katie blushed, "thanks."

Travis pulled her to his side, "anytime, Katie kat"

~~~

Chewing on the string, Katie tried to write her essay for Chiron. He did not approve of late work. She was working so hard that she didn't even notice Travis sitting down by her.

"You okay Katie Kat?" Travis asked.

Looking up from her paper, Katie nodded and went back to writing. Not two seconds later did Travis speak again.

"You look so cute when you're concentrating, Gardner. Especially in my hoodie."

A blush arose onto her cheeks, "Thanks, Stoll."

He winked at her, causing her to smile, "You know you'll have to give that back to me at some point, right?"

Katie smirked, "we'll see."

Travis just rolled his eyes playfully. He made sure to leave a small kiss on Katie's cheek when he left.

When he came back later that night, she was still writing and wearing his sweatshirt. He smiled to himself, thinking how he was the luckiest guy in the world.

~~~

Katie made her way onto campus. It was her first day of college, and she was all alone. Her nerves were off the wall worrying about everything. She was so stressed that she couldn't even make herself breakfast or pick out an outfit. Her roommate eventually just threw a sweatshirt and jeans at her and walked out the door. Katie didn't even realize what sweatshirt it was until she smelled a faint, yet familiar smell after class. It was Travis'.

At that point, Katie wanted nothing more than to cry and eat some ice cream.

-

It happened while she was studying for on of her biology courses.

Her phone pinged, notifying her that someone had texted her.

Travis: Hey. Just wondering if you still had my old camp hoodie. You know, the one with the broken zipper. Let me know. Bye

Katie was stunned and then angry. He texted her for this? How dare he! All she wanted was to study in peace, and she couldn't even do that. And besides, how could she give back one of the only things that comforted her? She was attached to the sweater. She couldn't let go of it.

You're going to have to come get it ourself if you want it.

She waited a minute for another ping. It never came.

Katie looked down at her phone. After taking a deep breath, she closed her book and slipped on the sweater. She soon fell asleep but not without some tears falling as well.

-

A couple of weeks later a guy from Katie's history class stopped her and complimented her on her presentation that she made. She fiddled with the zipper and smiled as the guy kept talking to her. Her mind, however, was thinking about someone else.

-

Travis had arrived to the college coffee shop, waiting for his drink to finish. When he turned around, he saw a familiar face.

Katie's.

He smiled at her, hoping she would notice him. She did not. Instead, she smiled at the guy in front of her. Something felt off about Travis. His chest hurt, and his mouth quickly turned into a frown.

And then he saw the hoodie.

Suddenly he realized it wasn't just his chest that was hurting. His heart had broken again. Maybe some people are just better alone.

/-/

Hey lovelies!

Sorry if it was too sad/confusing. I wrote it at 1 am when I was listening to the song.

Want to request something happier? Or sadder? Comment or message me :)

With love,
-2gypsy💝

Ps. To all the people in Texas, ❤️❤️❤️. I hope things get better soon. You're in my prayers❤️.