*Tis the season...

'Tis the season of runny noses and horrible coughs' thought Travis as he lay in his cabin bunk with his itchy sweater on, away from all the merriment and joy coming from outside the Hermes cabin. You see, every year around the holiday season CHB celebrates all of the campers respected holiday (I.e. Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc. it was always fun learning about everyone's different celebrated holiday). This time CHB was celebrating Christmas. Mr.D had let it snow and everyone was out playing in it. Well, not everyone. Travis was stuck in his bed with a slight fever and a cold. Travis had gotten his sickness from his younger half-sister, who had similar symptoms a few days ago. Being the cabin leader he was, Travis stayed with his half-sister until she got better (when his younger half-sister asked him why he was helping her he simple stated that he wanted to be on Santa's nice list). So this is what I get for being nice for once... So here he is, Travis Stoll, as sick as a dog and missing the annual CHB Christmas snowman contest (it wasn't as much fun as the annual Hanukkah snowball fight though).

Just then a knock pounded on the door. "Come in" Travis croaked, barely lifting his head from his pillow, trying to see who was at the door.

As the door creaked open, a head full of brown, snowflake covered hair peeped from behind the old door. The head of hair got the hair out of her face and revealed herself; it was Katie Gardner. Oh geez, what did Conner do to her today... Travis thought to himself.

Katie made her way towards the boy (she took off her snow boots and coat of course. How rude would that be to walk through a cabin and get everything covered in snow?).

"Hey Travis, how's it going?" Katie asked sweetly. Travis couldn't resist giving her a look saying 'are you freaking kidding me?' Katie couldn't help but laugh at that.

She came as sat by Travis's bunk. "I see you're wearing your ugly sweater from last year..." Travis said, look at the hideous thing.

"Yours isn't much better you know." responded Katie.

"I suppose so but it is Christmas time, the time for ugly sweaters and sickness..."

"I thought it was the time for celebrating with your family and loved one ?" Katie questioned. Travis gave her a sly grin.

"Is that why you're here? To spend time with your loved one?"

Katie's cheeks went as red as the inside of the Ares cabin. "If you're referring to yourself then no."

"Oh c'mon, give the sick man a break." Travis said, going into a coughing fit right after. Katie cringed.

"I would hardly call you a man at all..." "Oh shut up!"

There was a few minutes of silence.

"So is there a reason why you came here or...?" Travis questioned.
"Oh uh yeah. I know we are sort of friends so I thought I would just give a present." Katie said, taking a small present from bag. She gave it to Travis to open.

"Do you mind if I open it tomorrow? That's when I told the rest of the cabin we were opening presents."

"Of course! I'll go put it under the tree." Katie quickly got up and walked the present over to the tree. After she put it under, she began to look at all the homemade ornaments. One caught her eye though, it was an ornament with 7 year old Travis and 6 year old Connor and a women (Katie guessed to be their mother). They were all smiling.

While Katie was admiring the ornament, Travis used (most of) his strength to get out of bed and grab two Santa hats. He snuck up behind Katie and put the smaller one on her head. Katie whirled around.

"Now we are in the holiday mood." Travis said with a grin (and a really runny nose). Katie chuckled and grabbed him a tissue. "Thank you madam." Travis said dramatically. Katie played along. "'Tis not a problem Monsieur."

Travis plopped to the ground and made a spot for Katie. When they both were seated, Travis gave Katie a present with red shiny paper with little designs on them.

"Oh Travis you didn't hav—"
Katie was interrupted with a kiss from the one and only, Travis Stoll. When they pulled apart, all Travis could say was "Mistletoe."

Katie smacked him in the arm and gave him another tissue. "You're such a dork."

"Hey, you're the one who grew it while we were talking." True.
❤️❤️❤️

So yes, it is the season of sickness, joy, and time spent with loved ones. So please, be careful this season and have a wonderful time with anyone you spend it with. :)

\-/
Merry Christmas (Eve)! 🎄 also, if you don't celebrate Christmas, I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating your respected holiday. :)

What are you guys doing for this holiday break/season? I'm with my family ☺️

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Love,
-2gypsy❤️🐟