*Blind Date

Staring at her reflection in the mirror, Katie felt confident in her outfit. Silena had helped her choose a nice flower tank top with a sweater and some jeans shorts. Her hair was in an updo that Katie could never manage to do on her own. She was honestly blown away by what she saw in the mirror.

Fun, flirty, and totally nervous.

Well, at least that's what Katie thought. Silena and Miranda had set her up on a blind date to cheer her up after her last disastrous date (it ended with Katie's  being dented and pizza everywhere, not a fond memory for her).

"You'll be fine Katie, I promise. This one won't end with–"

Katie groaned, "Don't even mention it..."

"Flying pizza. Trust me, this guy will be a much better match," Silena smiled.

Katie sighed. I hope she's right...

---
Katie pulled into the parking lot of the ice cream parlor. She turned the car off and sat there, debating if she should go in.

What if this is terrible...

What if the guy一 Katie's phone dinged in the middle of her thoughts, reminding her that her date with mystery man was in five minutes.

Sighing, Katie got out of her pickup and made her way to the parlor. Staring at the menu on the wall, Katie had already decided on a strawberry ice cream cone. She was already getting hungry from thinking about it.

Checking her phone again, Katie saw that her date was supposed to be here a few minutes ago. With a frown on her face, Katie started to type a message to Silena when a person bumped into her.

"I am so sorry! I didn't see where I was going because I was rushing to get to a date and. . . Katie?" The person who had ran into her looked confused.

"Yes. . .?" Katie responded unsurely.

The guy smiled, "Katie, it's me, Travis. We went to camp together!"

Katie's brain instantly remembered him. How could I forget Travis? Didn't I have a crush on him at some point too?

"Oh hey Travis! I'm sorry I didn't seem to remember you at first." A small blush crept onto her cheeks.

Travis just smiled and gave a small chuckle, "It's fine. It's been awhile anyways."

"Yep. . ."

The two stood there in silence for a few seconds before Travis spoke again.

"So what brings you here?"

"Well, I am actually waiting on a blind date, but he seems to be running a little late."

Travis raised his eyebrows slightly, in surprise, "Did Silena or Miranda happen to set you up by chance?"

"Actually, yeah. Why do you一 " and then it clicked for Katie. Travis was—is—her date. "Oh," Katie said, "and you said you were here for a date as well."

"Yeah," Travis rubbed the back of his neck, "Connor and Charlie set me up on a date, thinking that I needed to start seeing someone again."

"Ah, last relationship didn't end well?" Katie questioned.

Travis shook his head, "She ended up cheating on me with one of her co-workers. The awkward part was that they just invited me to their wedding. Apparently they've been dating for three years. I guess you could say that was a wake-up call for me."

"Oh wow. . ."

"So, ice cream?" Travis asked.

Katie nodded her head eagerly, "yes please!"

The two headed toward the ice cream flavors, hoping to find something else to talk about.

•••

Katie laughed as Travis told her a story about one of his infamous pranks with his brother.

"You did not!" she exclaimed.

Travis smiled and shrugged his shoulders, "We did. I know, it's pretty bad but the guy's hair went back to its normal color after a week."

"Well that's good. I bet he hates you guys now," Katie took a final scoop of ice cream from her sundae.

"Actually, he didn't care too much. In fact, I think he helped Connor pull the some prank on someone else a few weeks ago at camp," Travis said.

"Wow, I would've been angry at you guys for weeks if you had done that to me."

"Then it's a good thing we didn't, because I'm having a great time with you right now," Travis playfully winked at her.

A small blush appeared on Katie's cheeks.

The rest of the night was filled with more stories, flirting, and laughter. Both of them didn't want the night to end. The two walked back to Katie's pickup in a comfortable silence.

Before leaving and ending their date, Travis took one of Katie's hands and intertwined it with his.

"I, uh, just wanted to say that I had a great night tonight. I'd like to see you again, soon hopefully."

Katie gave him a small smile, "I'd like that as well."

"Great, I'll call you soon," Travis had started to move away so that Katie could get into her truck, but she had stopped him.

The moonlight and a few street lights reflected perfectly on Travis, making him look good (well, in Katie's opinion, really good). She placed a quick kiss of Travis' cheek and got back in her truck.

"Goodnight, Travis," Katie said as she drove off.

Travis was too stunned to say anything at the time, but a few seconds later he smiled.

"Goodnight, Katie."

/-/

Yikes it's been a loooong time, sorry pals!

Dedicated to Flowerbutt321  , thank you so much for requesting ❤️

Have a wonderful day!
-2gypsy ☀️💝