*"Um do you wanna dance?"

Katie's POV
I have been at the beach for over an hour waiting for Austin from the Apollo cabin. He asked me if I wanted to have a nice picnic with him so I said yes. I got dressed in a nice pair of light wash jeans and a nice flowy floral top. I put on my black (and somewhat worn out) converse.

Anyway, I was just about to leave the beach to get my jacket because it was really windy but then the thought of maybe Austin coming to the beach while I was gone came to my mind. I mean, why if he came and thought I stood him up? Even though it has been an hour since he said he would be here...

I was too caught up in my thoughts to even notice the boy that ran into. We both fall to the ground, him laying on top of me.

"Hey watch it would you?!" I say irritated.

"Oh uh, sorry Katie..." A familiar voice says.

"Travis? What are you doing here?" I ask as we both stand up.

"Well, it is a beach where people can play frisbee with their cabin mates..." Travis states as if it is obvious.

I give him a confused look but he just points at his younger sister and brother from the cabin. They wave at us and I wave back shyly.

"So Katie, what are you doing out here?" Travis asks.

"That is none of your business." I snap at him, not wanting him to know I got stood up. Gods, he would embarrass me the rest of the week if he knew that.

"Woah, no need to get feisty with me Katie-Kat. I-" Travis started to speak but his little siblings are calling for him. He quickly left me and soon joined them. I say back down in the sand and watched them.

His little (half) brother and sister were giggling from whatever he was saying to them. After about two minutes the little boy and girl leave with the frisbee and Travis starts to walk over back to me with a nervous lol on his face.

He soon reached me and sat down next to me. There was a bout 30 seconds of awkward silence before he spoke.

"I know Austin stood you up." He said quietly.

All I could think to say was "Oh."
I looked down and started to make patterns in the sand. "how did you find that out?" I ask curiously.

"A few minutes before I came down here I heard you talking to your friends about what you should wear for your date. And then I figured he stood you up because you're here by yourself." Travis explained.

"Ya, that's pretty much what happened. I probably should've known after 30 minutes though. Gods, I can be really stupid sometimes." I say, softly chucking to myself.

Travis sat there for a moment before asking, "Um, doyouwannadance?"

"I'm sorry what?"

"Well since Austin isn't here and you shouldn't waste a perfectly good and cliché sunset on the beach scenery, I thought we should dance." Travis said. He quickly added "You don't have to."

I thought about it. It would be nice but then again, Travis and I aren't exactly the best of friends either...

Just do it! You know you want to.... A voice said to me.

'Stop it Aphrodite!' I said back.

She stopped, thankfully. I look up and notice Travis is walking away from me.

"Hey!" I yelled, and he turned around, "Where are you going? I was hoping for a dance." I say with a smile on my face.

Travis chuckles a little bit and walks over to me. He takes my hand in one of his hands and another around my waist. I start to hum as we do a little waltz.

He spins me and right at that moment, off by some bushes along the beach, there sat Austin and Connor snapping plenty of pictures.

\~\
Oh that was fun to write! :)
Requests? Comment them please:)

Sorry if it was really long:/

Thanks for reading, it means a lot!!!💓
-2gypsy