*Fireworks [2]

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. And of course that hurt person just had to be Travis.

Good grief  Katie thought, why must he do things like this?

Today was Camp Half-Blood's annual fireworks show and Travis wanted to help out. Well, he only wanted to because he had a great plan, one that would surely make a statement later that night.

A lot of the campers didn't mind but of course there were a few who did. The Hephaestus cabin members didn't let Travis anywhere near the big fireworks, the ones Travis really wanted.

"But Nysaa, I have to use those fireworks for my big plan!" Travis exclaimed.

Nyssa rolled her eyes. "Travis I just don't trust you with them, or you in general."

Travis put a hand over his chest and faked being offended. "That hurts Nyssa."

"Whatever..." mumbled Nyssa.

After Nyssa left to order the other camp members around for their instructions, Travis snuck off to where the big fireworks were.

"I'll show you Nyssa. I am perfectly capable of handling— ah!!"

Right as Travis grabbed a big firework, it shot off in the direction of the lake but not without giving Travis severe burns on his hands, arms, and his sides.

"Of course it had to burn one of my nice camp shirts!" Travis grumbled, lying on the ground.

Pretty soon Travis was surrounded by campers carrying him off to the infirmary.

"Oh my gods Travis! I told you to stay away from them! You're an idiot sometimes." Nyssa told the Hermes child. "I'll go get Katie and tell her."

"Why would you do th-" but it was too late, Travis was given some drink to help him fall asleep for when the Apollo kids took care of his burns.
///
"Katie your idiot crush was just put in the infirmary. You better go check on him." Nyssa quickly said to Katie. Then she grinned, "Or you know, just check him out. I hear they had to take his shirt off..."

Katie blushed. "Nyssa stop! He's just a friend. And he's going to be okay, right?"

"I don't know Katie, you'll just have to see your "friend" for yourself." Nyssa walked away from Katie.

"Oh I hope he's alright. I was going to ask him out tonight!"
///
The infirmary was definitely not Katie's favorite place at camp, it always made her tummy twist when she saw all of the injured campers, especially the young campers.

She quickly spotted Travis and went to his bed. He was still out cold from the medicine and stuff the Apollo kids gave him. Too bad she was too distracted by her thoughts to notice he was shirtless, bandages covering his burns.

It hurt Katie to see him like this, all burned and half-dead looking. The surprising thing was, she was used to it. Travis was constantly getting sent here for when his pranks went wrong and when Clarisse beats the crap out of him.

Katie sighed. There was still an hour and a half until fireworks. She had her red camp shirt on (they sold some at the camp shop for this occasion) and did her hair really nice.