*Valentine's Day

February 14th, a.k.a., Valentine's Day. It's not so much that I hate it, I just don't celebrate it. I mean, shouldn't you show your love (no matter what kind of love [friendship-love, family-love, or significant other-love]) for whoever everyday? I just never really understood the point. Maybe that's just because my parents (obliviously) didn't work out. I've never really given the day much thought, I mean, I'm no one's valentine anyway. I don't even eat chocolate with my friends at camp (I just eat a few by myself, ok a eat a whole two boxes sometimes but who's counting?).

Anyway, I try to avoid pretty much everyone at camp because this is practically the only holiday that Aphrodite and her children can go crazy. And trust me, you do not want to hang out with them on this day, it's a nightmare. Lots of bragging of who got the best Valentine gift or who had the best Valentine. In my attempt to avoid others, I quickly change into some jeans, my camp shirt, and some converse. I sneak out the door and quickly head to the shed by the strawberry fields. I might as well get some work done.

When I get to the shed there was a green sticky note with a letter on it. It read 'Dear Katie, I knew you would try to avoid everyone today but please don't ignore me. Meet me at the place where Percy and Annabeth had their celebratory kiss after the Second Titan War. Oh, and if this isn't Katie, please kindly go away. This isn't for you.'

This is kind of strange but I'm a little curious too. I might actually have a Valentine this year. Or it could be the Stolls playing a prank... I really hope it's not that. Should I or should I not thought to myself.

Do it Love, it will be worth it. A familiar voice said to me.
"Aphrodite? Aren't you a little busy today? And who is this, do you know?" I ask her.
Of course, but what's the fun in telling you. Just please follow what the note says. I promise you, nothing bad will happen. Goodby Katie, and Happy Valentine's Day! Aphrodite said.
Ugh, she can be frustrating sometimes.

But anyway, I start to head to where I think the note says to go: the beach. When I get there I see Percy and Annabeth sitting in the sand giggling about something. I was about to walk away when Annabeth sighted me.

"Katie we have something for you! Comeback." She said to me.
"Uh, okay..." I replied as I head back to where the couple is. Annabeth gave me a green note with more writing on it. She smiled at me and so did Percy. They look like they know something I don't, it's kinda creepy. I take the note and read what it says.
'Dear Katie, I don't know which is prettier today, the water, the sky, or your eyes. But I know you are beautiful everyday.' I'm sure my cheeks are now tinted red from me blushing. I hope Percy and Ammabeth didn't see that. Thankfully they didn't because they are no where to be found. I continue reading the note.
'I bet you're blushing now, you looks so cute when you do that! I wish I could see the smile on your face now, but I will soon. But for now, go to the place where you had your first heartbreak'

Why would I want to go there? I don't want to go there. You see, I had this crush on a boy named Mark from the Ares cabin. He asked me out and I said yes, I mean, I was crushing pretty hard on him at the time. I got so upset when I met him at the spot we agreed to meet at but he was kissing some girl from the Apollo cabin! I remember getting so upset over that. I decide to just go to that spot.

Once I get there I see another green note. I start to read it.
'Dear Katie, I know that not all things that break can get fixed, like a heart, but a certain cabin can try to fix almost anything else. Meet me there. And in case no one told you today, you're beautiful:) '
I'm not gonna lie, but I think I shed a few tears. I quickly run them off my face and go to the next destination: the Hephaestus cabin.

I quickly run there, bumping into a few people on the way. Once I get there, Jake Mason hands me a note and goes back to tinkering with a clock he is fixing. I read the note.

'Dear Katie, I know I can't fix your heart but I can try. And you know I'm not good with words, but a certain cabin is and they are also quite smart and creative. (They may have helped me plan this...)'

I know where to go, the Athena cabin. I dash over to there and see Malcom sitting there reading. He notices me after about a minute and just hands me a note.

"You're pretty lucky to have someone like you this much Katie. Have a nice Valentine's Day." Malcom says.

"Thanks... Except I don't know who it is. Do you? And Happy Valentine's Day." I say to him.

"Have a nice day Katie." Malcom says with a smile. "Oh wait Katie! Before you read the note, a certain someone wanted me to show this to you."
Malcom carefully pulls out a black sheet of paper. As I get a better look at it I see it read 'will you be my Valentine?'

"Oh Malcom, I don't know how to tell you but-"
Malcom cut me off by saying "It's not from me silly! Now you can read the note." He says chuckling a little.

The note read: 'Dear Katie answer that question when you meet me at the strawberry fields.'
This person was there the whole time?! Ugh! I quickly run over to the strawberry fields. When I get there I see a boy sitting there. I go up to him and tap him on the shoulder.

"Hello Katie, what's up?" Travis Stoll asks.
"Um, would by chance happen to have a note of see another boy around here?" I ask.
"Well, I do have a not for you, here." Travis hands me the note but it is folded. I unfold and after a while I finally get it completely unfolded (it was folded really really tiny, don't judge!).
The note said 'So will you?'

I look up in confusion and see Travis with a small bouquet of wildflowers. "So what's your answer Katie-Kat?"

I just look at him, too shockedto say anything.

Travis's POV
Well, this plan backfired. A lot. I am walking away, carrying defeat on my shoulders. I worked so hard for this, and she doesn't even like me. I am almost out of the strawberry fields when someone runs into me and we both fall over. It's Katie. She lays on top of me and says "Yes"

"Really? Or are you just saying that?" I ask her.

"I mean it, I was just shocked. I've never really been someone's Valentine before and I didn't know what to do. I'm sorry." She blushes out of embarrassment.

I let out a small chuckle. "It's alright Katie-Kat. But do you mind getting off of me?"

"Oh ya, sorry." She says as she gets up. She helps me up and we both kind of just stand there awkwardly.

"Oh wait these are for you!" I say as I give her the tiny bouquet of wildflowers I bought at a small garden shop.

"You didn't steal these right?" She asks me curiously.
"No Katie, I actually bought them." I say with a small smile on my face.
"I like them. I think they are better than roses. They do t have pokey thorns." She says with a small giggle.
"I knew you would. They are almost as beautiful as you." I say, my cheek turning slightly pink.

Katie gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks Travis but I think they are prettier than you." She teases.

"Oh really?" I say, pretending to be offended, "Well that's harsh-"
The horn for lunch sounded and I look at Katie mischievously.

"Race you!" We both say at them same time.
All the way to the dining area I am laughing.
Katie's POV
I had a great time today with Travis. I really truly did, even if he does make me go insane some days.

And maybe Valentine's day isn't so bad after all.

                                  \~\
Sorry if that was really long/didn't make any sense!!! I wrote it late last night and early this morning.😬
I keep forgetting this but: All right go to Rick Riordan :)

Happy Valentine's Day! :)
-2gypsy💞
(Does anyone else  not have a Valentine? I don't either, but maybe we can be each other's?😊)