Ah, homophobic.

"This previous inequality allowed the mother to gain parental rights, ignoring the fact that she was indeed, unfit. And the time the child spent in her care after that has only proven that that is the case. Firstly, she moved her child out of the country imediately, removing him from his childhood home and away from his previous home schooling teachers. She also insured it would be almost impossible for the father to fight for custody again, depsite the atrocities she was committing. Originally, the records show she was unemployed, staying in run down parts of the city unfit for raising a child. Then, she received a somewhat disgraceful criminal record, it is an utter miracle she wasn't deported. After that, she has seemed to have gotten a job, in which she took double shifts, ensuring that she left her child alone nearly twenty four hours a day, and there are NO records of her entering her child into the public school system, nor properly giving evidence of home schooling him. She was also reported even being out of the country when she had her child leaving in Texas, on his own in a cheap motel room for ten months. And that is without even considering the worst parenting atrocities she committed while her child was in California."

What? I lived in a pretty good condition in California, as far as the law knows...

The judge narrowed his eyes, pressing the lawyer to continue. He stood even further upright, tapping the papers in his hand against the table before putting on a serious face.

"It took some digging, but, I do believe we have found evidence of CHILD ABUSE while they took residents in San Francisco."

I sat upright in my seat, completely taken by surprise.

"Fuck."

The judge looked over to me, taking note of my reaction before looking back over to the lawyer.

"Go on."

Our lawyer looked pale, obviously she hasn't found this out when she did her own research.

I didn't dare look over at the bothers as the male lawyer coughed ready to speak again.

"There was a rather neglected and ignored police report, made by a Sara Parker. Who worked as a housekeeper at the time."

I bit my lip and sank down into my seat. Fuck, the maid.

"She submitted a report saying she had seen several bruises and lacerations on the child, hand marks and cuff burns as well as various other injuries, and a giant deep cut on the back of his neck, which he would have needed to go to hospital for, and there were only reports of him going to the hospital by himself, with no parental guardian with him, around 30 separate occasions. Whether it was the mother itself that committed these atrocities or not, it was still child neglect to ignore these signs of abuse."

My mother didn't even know, she wasn't in the state, he's obviously letting that detail slip. Not like it'd make much of a difference anyway.

I sighed and looked down at one of my wrists. There was hardly anything to be seen, but I still remembered how red and sore they were, how much it hurt to move them. It's amazing how skin can heal so well.

The judge just blinked at him.

"Well, obviously it wasn't well believed, if they never even investigated." The lady made an effort to reply and looked to the judge.

They all remained silent, waiting for him to speak.

"Well, even if it is an unconfirmed report, this case has now gotten a lot more serious. This session is adjourned. And we'll be conducting a thorough investigation." He stomped his strange hammer on his desk making me jump.