Chapter 8: Own Personal Bodyguard

Christian:

"Listen, Gerald, you and your team are going to be watching over this girl." I told the guard, showing him a picture of Chloe.

"Yes, sir, Mr Humphrey." he nodded with a teasing smile."But may I ask why you want us to protect this girl?"

"Are you stupid or something, that's his fiancé!" Henry, his brother said after tapping him behind his head.

I rolled my eyes, "Just do your job."

              °~~~~~°💍°~~~~~°

Chloe:

"Aunt Chloe, when is Chrissy coming back?" Lisabeth asked me, her big brown eyes shining with excitement.

I signed and looked up from my sketch pad, "I don't know, sweety." After that night when he told me about the whole guard thing, he has been 'checking up' on me.

Honestly, I'd rather he didn't. He was nice to my family, which I am grateful for but I try my best to stay away from him. Every time he's around, my heart beats fast and my breath always hitch in my throat.

My mind races with the thought of his lips on mine. I remember the feel of them, the tingles that shot through me, as cliché as it sounds.

My body reacts to him, so I prefer to run off to my room and do some sketches when he's here. After all, I am an art and fashion major. Yeah, I want to become a fashion designer.

I just totally love the rush and thrill that comes with designing something that can potentially be the latest trend.

But I don't just do fashion sketches, I'm a guru for real art, too. So I also do art sketches. Right now, I was sketching out a face.

It was only when I got to the eyes did I notice who it was. Before I knew it, I was shading in the crystal blue color of Christian's eyes.

"You drew Chrissy!!" Lisabeth clapped. I smiled at her, "Do you like it?"

"You should give him the picture." she said with seriousness and narrowed her eyes. I laughed at her cuteness but deep down, I know there's no way I was giving this drawing to Christian.

"I'll think about it, Lisabeth." I told her softly, "Now go study for your end of terms. Your mother will have my head if I let you slip up on your scores."

"Okay, Aunt Chloe!" she chirped and rushed to the study room we had next to the living room. I continued to finish up the drawing cause, I've already started why not finish it.

I finished shading his eyes and grabbed the light brown color pencil. I shared in his hair, then shaded over the brown with yellow, creating the honey brown color of his hair.

I was just finishing up, darkening the outline of his face when I heard Lisabeth squeal. "Chrissy!!" her cute voice exclaimed and I froze.

Crap!

"Hey, Lisabeth," I heard Christian reply back, nicely, "Where's your aunty?"

"She's right over at the couch." Lisabeth answered and I heard her squeal. My eyes finally snapped up from the sketch pad and met with Christian's crystal blue. The same crystal blue that I shaded in not too long ago.

I quickly closed my sketch pad and looked away. "Umm... H-Hi Christian." I mumbled.

"Aunty, show him the drawing." Lisabeth whined. That's when I glanced back up and saw her hoisted on Christian's hip. That's when I also noticed the guy behind him.

"No, Lisabeth." I said, giving her a warning look, then I turn my attention to my husband-to-be, "What are you doing here?" My voice was soft and barely audible.