Chapter 44: Art Show

Chloe:

Strange how quickly things in your life can take such drastic turns. Just a few days ago I was living in a comfortable home with my husband; no worries at all.

I was so sure that Mike wouldn't find me there but he did. Chris and I moved to the new house and we told no one of where we reside.

Only Roger knows because his security guards are the ones assigned to protect me and also a few cops just in case they're needed. Chris showed me how to use a gun the very next day we moved.

It's funny, I aimed at the manikin's head and imagined it was Mike and I hit the target on spot. I think Chris is a little afraid of me now. Due to my determination, I aimed perfectly.

He told me that he really didn't need to teach me anything more about using a gun because my aim was perfect so I'll be fine. He show me how to reload it after and that was it.

Since then, every evening I got into the backyard and shoot at the targets Christian put up. I will do absolutely anything to protect me and our baby. He or she needs to be born in safety.

Christian's arm tightened around my bare stomach, bringing me back to reality. My show is in a few hours and I need to get ready. He's been really clingy lately. He carries me to work, all his meetings, everywhere.

He never lets me out of his sight. To he honest, he's suffocating me. I need my alone time and I also need some girl time. I haven't seen me friends in so long. Of course they call almost every week but it's not the same as seeing them.

I gently slid out of my husband's hold and headed into the bathroom. My eyes immediately went to my still flat stomach in the mirror. It's scary, knowing that you're carrying a human being.

It's scary because everything I or Chris do from now on is going to affect the life of our baby. We are responsible for this person's life, for what he or she is going to turn out to be.

I lightly caress my stomach and a smile formed on my lips. We'll be okay. "Chloe!" Christian's voice hollered in panic.

"In the bathroom!" I called back. I saw his silhouette enter the mirror and he snaked his arm around my waist. He kissed my neck gently and sighed.

"Don't do that to me baby." he whispered, "You know I need to see you in my sight all the time right now."

I relaxed against him, "I'm sorry Chris. I just needed a breather."

We didn't say anything after that, he just held me and I just let him. I always feel protected in his arms and he does everything to do just that.

"Chris?" I whispered.

He hummed and tightened his embrace. "I love you."

I felt his lips twitch into a smile on my neck. He let out a soft chuckle, "You don't know how good it feels to hear you say that."

•~~~~•💍•~~~~•

"Remember what I told you, Chloe." Chris reminded as we approached the art gallery. I nodded and patted my purse where I had my gun.

Christian made sure to give me 'rules'. It felt like our first interview all over again but I know he's just looking out for me.

Anyway, I'm not supposed to leave his sight. Cameras flashed as we exited the car and we rushed into the building. Gerald and Henry were close by along with my twenty eight other guards.

Christian really went overboard with security. I thought he'd just hire like three more but no; he raised the amount from ten to twenty more.

I tried, argued with him that it was unnecessary but to no avail did he budge. So I just have to deal with it.